• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMAZING Las Vegas Comic Con June 14-16: Jim Lee, Stan Lee, Greg Capullo & more

85 posts in this topic

Desert Wind- glad we could squeeze you onto the floor. I know you made hand over fist money at our event.

Jimmy it is nice of you to mention. But actually your "OFFICIAL SHOW FACILITATOR" was charging more money then DWC was for the same service. So I can only imagine the money they were making.

And squeeze was a excellent choice of words since our 2 tables, that we had to pay double the posted rate for, were in the far back corner of the convention hall hidden behind the artist with the 15 foot high by 20 foot wide banner blocking us. Thank goodness our customers were still able to find us, many after having to call me.

Oh and back to the hand over fist comment. DWC didn't charge anymore money then our normal posted rate which is on our website. Which also happens to be the same rate for the last several years. Honestly, we were just plain busy taking care of our customers who came to the show to see DWC.

:popcorn:

Just wanted to say that I was able to attend this last weekend. It was awesome except for how unorganized everything was. Aside from the chaos and lack of structure, I had a blast meeting both Jim and Stan Lee!

Chandler-

yes we squeezed you in the hall just several days before the event, and you did some fabulous business. You shouldn't have any grounds to complain as you got the same financial deal for technically MORE space, table area, and chairs then either of the two facilitators that paid full price for their areas. They paid in advance, and we literally jumped DWC to the front of the line out of a courtesy with your payment right beforehand.

I know you actively told fans not to use Pioneer and/or Maximum- as I received complaints by both. It was not my understanding that either charged more for their services at the event than DWC did, as these were claims spoken on the convention floor. This not my business, and although we received some complaints about DWC from other CGC facilitators and boardies, not to mention several of the BIGGEST NAME PROS that we invited out. This in't my active concern as i chalk most of it up to He Said/She Said. I have my impressions, but you hustling autographs is not a major concern.

And Chandler- you have my number, my email, and a the ability to DM if there are any complaints. Sharon and the rest of the staff were friendly if not courteous at the event, and we made many special accommodations for her and your company. I would hope you can conduct yourself similarly.

I am sincerely glad that we were able to accommodate harshen and mike's requests, and you were able to be a part of this show. If you would like a booth at AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON, i would HIGHLY suggest that you book early to avoid any future conflicts about the floor space. We are 60% at capacity right now. And I want to give you ample warning.

Best-

Jimmy

Dark-

I appreciate that you were able to come out the convention. Given that this show was a first time convention, and that the event was twice the size of any other ever held at the South Point, and that this event was about 4 times the size of the last comic event in Las Vegas, and that there was a signing sessions/panels/photos taking place of the arguably the two biggest comic pros of all time in the same area- (whew)- there was indeed a learning curve with our staff and the facilities, and the realities of the crowds. I think we were able to work through the kinks, gain order, and progress through the weekend. I know the event will get stronger next year in terms of crowd control, programming, and more.

I appreciate your feedback and glad that you had a great time meeting Stan Lee, Jim lee, and a host of other great guests this past weekend.

Best-

Jimmy...

Jimmy

The facts are simple that DWC was a last minute addition to the show and we had very little time to get the word out to our customers but, in the end, our customers came out with a strong response from the moment the show doors opened to support DWC and the show. And for that I sincerely thank them. We were busier then I ever thought we would be and it was because of the great support we got from our customers and I would like to think it is because of the level of service from our hard working staff members that creates that customer loyalty. DWC does not need to resort to negative tactics to be successful at a show because the DWC name and brand has tremendous value which is why we are invited to numerous shows, big and small, across the country. We try to promote all CGC facilitators working together and that results in helping a show present a positive high level of service to the show attendees which translates into good business for everyone..And as a result, the DWC brand can offer an increase in business to a show and that has been proven time and time again. We truly enjoy working with creators, other CGC facilitators and fans alike and as such have very strong positive relationships with all of them. That IS the DWC way! So congrats on your show as it was a joint effort from all exhibitors and creators alike that made it what it was, a fun, successful show.

It was nice to see everyone at the show. It was one that I had enough time to actually meet some of you guys and have a conversation rather than run around all day with tunnel vision.

DWC worked diligently throughout the show and once again helped me without asking for anything in return. They continuously help me out without charging me, but I suppose I help them out when I can as well. As Chandler says we are a small community that should work together but alas, with collecting comes competition I guess and we won't always get along even among our small group.

The DWC booth was indeed busy throughout the show, I though this was interesting as other facilitators were only given a couple days notice that they would even be allowed to work at the show. The number of people that chose DWC over the other choice available should indeed speak volumes to how hard they work.

I think that any insinuation that they encouraged others not to use other facilitators is false, this is my opinion and experience. I spent a good amount of time around the DWC areas and honestly there was not a lot of time during the show for DWC to talk to anyone let alone gossip or encourage others to do one thing or another. I also work fairly closely with many of the major talents at the show and I can say with some certainty that they would not complain about DWC and staff.

Bottom line is that there is a lot of things that could have been done better. There was also a lot of things that went well. Overall a good experience and hopefully one that everyone can learn from.

Desert Wind- glad we could squeeze you onto the floor. I know you made hand over fist money at our event...

I have my impressions, but you hustling autographs is not a major concern.

Wow. The word tasteless comes to mind here. :facepalm:

Desert Wind- glad we could squeeze you onto the floor.

I was also wondering why it seemed I was 'squeezed' in to the show at the very far back, similar placement as Chandler when I purchased my 2 tables in March?

Friends who purchased / paid at the same time were given much better locations in the front.

For the Phoenix show next year should I expect similar placement even if I book early again?

It looks like while everyone else was paying to do business there, PGX had their sig rep running around at no cost. :whistle:

i thought cursing was not allowed on here? :grin: i kid i kid. they are great too, in there own world.

:popcorn:

Grabbing a chair to join you and Sean H. I need to take a break from packing books :popcorn: Pass the soda please. :idea:

hopefully you are not going to drink that next to the books? hope to see you guys again later this yr in dallas.