• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Subject is Mods & Moderation on the CGC Boards

451 posts in this topic

Buncha whiny little Lord Fauntelroys.

Is Rupp on a pseudo thread creating meltdown, probably. Is he one if the most entertaining and nice guys on these boards, absolutely. What do I care if he advertises Clooneythons in the process. He did it after it was finished and I'd rather see Clooneython whored out than yet another overpriced or overhyped modern sales thread.

Also, passive aggressiveness is this boards middle name, which is most recently displayed in a passive aggressive thread created to criticize passive aggressiveness.

Lastly, the mods need to be much more heavy handed. I have yet to disagree with a strike. I actually love the Kafkaesque paranoia that's pervading the boards, stirring feelings of despair and desperation, sprinkled with a healthy dose of schadenfraude.

I know you would have disagreed with my wrist slap. :angel:

You got one? When was this?

December or something like that. I see you really missed me! :cry:

Awwwwwww.

:foryou:

We started a PM over it, hoping you were doing well. But then we all agreed it was a PM, not to be shared.

;)

Which I wanted to share... cause you know me ... trouble with the privacy aspect and all :grin:

Is Rupp on a pseudo thread creating meltdown, probably. Is he one if the most entertaining and nice guys on these boards, absolutely. What do I care if he advertises Clooneythons in the process. He did it after it was finished and I'd rather see Clooneython whored out than yet another overpriced or overhyped modern sales thread.

Also, passive aggressiveness is this boards middle name, which is most recently displayed in a passive aggressive thread created to criticize passive aggressiveness.

Lastly, the mods need to be much more heavy handed. I have yet to disagree with a strike. I actually love the Kafkaesque paranoia that's pervading the boards, stirring feelings of despair and desperation, sprinkled with a healthy dose of schadenfraude.

I have to go find Tupenny so he can translate... :foryou:

When are you going to sell me the rest of your Mary Marvel's Sharon?

I just finished reading all the Wow's about a month ago. I need more... and obviously if I had something to read, it might keep me out of trouble :foryou:

I just finished reading all the Wow's about a month ago. I need more... and obviously if I had something to read, it might keep me out of trouble :foryou:

I think it would take handcuffs, and a taser to keep YOU out of trouble;) but reading is a great idea:)

hm

I think it would take handcuffs, and a taser to keep YOU out of trouble;) but reading is a great idea:)

hm

A taser AND handcuffs ;)

:foryou:

I think lots of people don't want to hit that button. I know I have to think about it quite a long time before I do, and it's usually for something so outrageous that someone else got there first.

I think you're right, but I also think there are a select few who absolutely love hitting that button. :eyeroll:

This thread is subject to moderation.

The mods are reading this thread.

There he is!

Any point I have to make is going to get muddled when the haters start in.

Just because people disagree with you doesn't make them haters. You'll find people who have no issue with your masking/thread titles, people who have an issue with your masking/thread titles but don't make it a blanket dislike of you, and then you'll have your haters.

I would imagine that most fall into the first two categories.

Hello!?

Is it me you're looking for??

Cause I wonder where you are and I wonder what you do.

Are you somewhere feeling lonely, or is someone loving you.

Any point I have to make is going to get muddled when the haters start in.

Just because people disagree with you doesn't make them haters. You'll find people who have no issue with your masking/thread titles, people who have an issue with your masking/thread titles but don't make it a blanket dislike of you, and then you'll have your haters.

I would imagine that most fall into the first two categories.

And if they typed as eloquently as you I probably wouldn't call them haters :foryou:

How could the point of my entire thread be broken down to "advertising of a sales thread" when no sales thread was currently running... with no other option to fall back on for a reason to attack the thread... and in turn start their own to attack it some more.

No need to bring that up though... water under the Troll's bridge. :grin:

According to the "Explanation of the Philosophy Used to Moderate These Boards" here...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/64467/site_id/1#import

I want to point out these two notations that are direct quotes from the Terms of Use section...

◦Strong profanity, primarily when used in an insulting manner toward other members

◦Masking of strong profanity - finding ways to defeat the profanity filters put in place, primarily when used in an insulting manner toward other members. (i.e. typing "@ss" instead of the real word in order to circumvent the filters

Both comments stress "primarily when used when insulting other members".

I'm taking both those comments being stated to relate to an "attack" on another board member using profanity.

Where in the stated rules above did the first page of the last Clooneython (15)... "primarily insult" another member?

And I mean it like this... where in what I wrote is a "direct attempt" to insult a board member?

Sure you can say you have excessive sensibilities and be offended just by glancing over the page... but shouldn't that have happened around Clooneython II or III?

And what was it that made 15.... any worse than 14, 13, 12 and so on over the last two or so years?

And I do note that the use of "primarily" above also negates any point or case I have here... so I at least admit that Moderation has a loop to bust me just like they did... just so weird that it happens two years later. Its not like my threads were hidden or sold in the back alley.

And what is "strong profanity" anyway?

Shouldn't the rule state ANY profanity... because no matter if its strong or weak profanity... its still profanity isn't it?

hm

How could the point of my entire thread be broken down to "advertising of a sales thread" when no sales thread was currently running... with no other option to fall back on for a reason to attack the thread... and in turn start their own to attack it some more.

I thought the advertising claim was pretty ridiculous. You give most of your stuff away and eat the postage. Not the sign of the mercenary, in my book.

Primarily, but not restricted to, as you point out the loophole. I agree the moderation was late in being enforced, and some consistency in the moderation would be welcomed. Apparently it's a lot like CGC grading, sometimes the leash is a little shorter than other times. :insane:

Primarily, but not restricted to, as you point out the loophole. I agree the moderation was late in being enforced, and some consistency in the moderation would be welcomed. Apparently it's a lot like CGC grading, sometimes the leash is a little shorter than other times. :insane:

So true sir... so true :grin:

Hello!?

Is it me you're looking for??

Cause I wonder where you are and I wonder what you do.

Are you somewhere feeling lonely, or is someone loving you.

fascinating_zps89fdf963.gif

Why not just change it to the clooney loonathon?

or something...

I understand that you are upset, but I think you are more upset than it's worth.

Unless you are not upset, but I'd need Tupenny to translate that one, too.

Besides, only old people are supposed to enjoy talking about bodily functions and you are not "old"

I got wrist slapped for letting the filter spoon stuff out. But you could clearly tell what I was saying. I think Greenham button humped me on that one. Dirty rat. I should have started a half dozen threads.

I got wrist slapped for letting the filter spoon stuff out. But you could clearly tell what I was saying. I think Greenham button humped me on that one. Dirty rat. I should have started a half dozen threads.

Get to it, butthurt has no expiration date.

3ue6ht.jpg