• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BALTIMORE DINNER: RESERVATIONS!!!!!

34 posts in this topic

OK everybody. Plans have been set for the Baltimore ComiCon Forum Dinner.

The dinner will be held at Phillip's Seafood Restaurant in Baltimore's Inner Harbor (about 2 minute walk from Convention Center). Our reservation is for Saturday night at 7:30pm.

The dinner will will be an "All You Can Eat" buffet (Phillips is famous [or infamous] for it). Dinner includes the buffet (I'll post a menu tomorrow), salad, soup, and dessert bar. Coffee, tea, or soda is also included. Drinks ARE NOT included, but CGC has offered to pick up some of the tab on these. The cost for this is $34/person (this includes tax and gratuity).

The reservation I made is for a group of 20-30. Phillips will call me next Thursday to confirm the final head count. We are responsible for that number of people (ie. we will be charged based on that number, not the number of people that actually show).

What you will need to do is paypal Steve Borock (sborock@cgccomics.com with your 'reservation'. This reservation must be recieved No Later Than 12:00pm (EST) Thursday, September 9th.

Also, please note in the Paypal to Steve your (and your guests) name and something to the effect of "Baltimore Forum Dinner". Drop me a PM as well, so that I may keep track.

Thanks and look forward to seeing you there! smile.gif

-Chris

One of the curses of growing up in Baltimore with an allergy to just about every seafood known to man - precious few options when going to popular harbor area restaurants.

Oh well, if they have salmon I should be OK.

Arnold

Chris told me that there is "other" food besides seafood for the non-fish eaters amoung us. smile.gif

One of the curses of growing up in Baltimore with an allergy to just about every seafood known to man - precious few options when going to popular harbor area restaurants.

Oh well, if they have salmon I should be OK.

Arnold

...I feel your pain Arnold,...I'm the same way,..I look at seafood and break out in hives.......I wore an inhaler around my neck on a chain till the age of 12,...like I needed another reason to be beat up on the playground.... tongue.gif

Here's the menu:

Soup & Salad: Maryland-style vegetable crab soup, NE Clam Chowder, Ceasar & Garden Salad, Fruit, Pasta Salad, Cole Slaw

"Iron Skillet": Seafood Jambalaya, Red Beans & Rice, Eastern Shore stew, and Seafood Paella

Carving Station: Baked Ham, Carved Beef, Breads

Traditional Seafood: Seafood Newburg, Fried Fish, Fried Shrimp, Hush Puppies, Fried Clams, Mini Crab Cakes, Grilled Fish selection

Steamed Seafood: Snow Crab Legs, Blue Crabs, Spiced Shrimp, CLams, Mussels, Crawfish

Chef's Choice: Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Veggies, Corn on the Cob, Mixed Greens, Macaroni & Cheese, Steamed Rice

Desserts: Assortment of Cakes, Pies, and Soft Serve Ice Cream

Yep. It's mostly seafood, but there should be something on there you'll like (unless you're vegan tongue.gif).

Forgot to mention, the contract w/ Phillips is for 7:30-9:30pm. I am going to call them and see if I can't get a slight extension to 10:00pm.

Thanks!

Chris

Hello?????? Does anybody read this thread?

I really need to start getting our final count together for the dinner. Our original list had 30 "yes". My first post in this thread asked anyone that paypals Steve to drop me a PM. So far, all the only people I have heard from are:

Foolkiller +2

Dam60

Flink

Redhook +1 (he posted on this thread)

Donut +1 (Same as Red)

I have spoken with:

BronzeBruce

Darth +2

Sorry for being pushy. I just don't want to screw this thing up too much. devil.gif

...I'm in,.....not sure if I'm still going to make it,...I just had four feet of raw sewage pumped out of my basement from Gaston last Monday and I'm still dealing with insurance and Haz-mat clean up,...but if I don't make it I left instructions with Steve to make sure my share goes towards a lap dance for Chrisco....

I am out for dinner. Maybe and after party or something. I will be at the show both days. I will be too busy with other things to make dinner. It sucks cause I really wanted to meet you guys. frown.gif Maybe Philly

Looks like I will be a no show! sorry.gif

Chris I sent you a PM so you could take me off the list before the final tally.

If I can get by anyway I'll crash the party, spill some drinks, and slip out the back without anyone knowing who caused the ruckus.

The list is ever morphing. Only a few days left before I have to give final head count. Here's the updated list of in:

Foolkiller +2

Dam60

Flink

Donut +1

BronzeBruce

Darth +2

Tom G + 1

Arnold

Rocketeer

Shield Agent +1

CGC Folks

Me