• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll: Selling your collection - which option is best?

Which venue will give you the most buck for your books  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Which venue will give you the most buck for your books

9 posts in this topic

I'm creating a poll to inquire where you would turn to divest yourself of your comics in the most lucrative and easiest way possible and preferable. If you were to sell, how would you do it and who would you use and why? Please choose up to 3 among the available options. If choosing other please respond with who and why.

To help describe a situation for this poll I've provided the following assumption:

So you've reached the end of the line. You've satisfied your collection, owned and enjoyed it for years, your relatives don't want them and you've decided it's time to sell. I know most of you may never do this but let's say you have to or have decided to and are not in a particular hurry. Let's say you've got at least 500 RAW issues of Golden and Silver Age comics that include the top 50 solid low to mid grade keys from GD to FN. And let's say you're looking to sell and not in an immediate hurry but looking to maximize profits while minimizing overhead: hassle, commissions, and complexity. You could sell raw or choose to have them slabbed using any of the dealers/consignors/auction services at your disposal and perhaps work through them or here to have them graded. Which of these options are the best for getting the absolute most $ for the least overhead.

I'm also considering a review of all auction/consignment houses for a proper updated comparison of their services to cost/fees/commission offerings.

The idea is choose 3 options you think/know will give you the highest NET gain based on commissions, fees, and other selling expenses.

When I pass away is when they get sold.I have instructed my wife in my trust/will, to talk to a few hand picked board members here for the sale of my collection.

I think useing a mix of difrent things for diffrent books sometimes for cheap mid low grade books just tradeing them in at mycomicshop might be better just to not bother with the hassle.

for stuff that is valuble I really think here or ebay/amazon heritage are best but because of the fees I think here is proly best.