• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Trek Into Darkness

383 posts in this topic

Oddly enough, when I looked him up and someone asked him about being 6'8" tall, he told them he is not that tall. But even if they are off by two inches, the guy is definitely right for the role. Glad he will make it into Days of Future Past.

He claimed once he's 6' 7", someone on that celebrity height site found it in an inteview: http://www.celebheights.com/s/Daniel-Cudmore-3494.html

Oddly enough, when I looked him up and someone asked him about being 6'8" tall, he told them he is not that tall. But even if they are off by two inches, the guy is definitely right for the role. Glad he will make it into Days of Future Past.

He claimed once he's 6' 7", someone on that celebrity height site found it in an inteview: http://www.celebheights.com/s/Daniel-Cudmore-3494.html

lol

That's the one. "Actually, I'm not even that tall"

I thought Cruise was 5'3",

Is he? I thought he was 5'7" though some articles posted after his marriage altered photographs to make him look shorter.

There was a faked photo of Cruise standing on a stool to be the same height as Katie Holmes. And the stool is 2' high.

Celebrity actresses almost ALWAYS wear heels in public, so Holmes should look 5" to 6" taller than Cruise in public.

Some of these guys have crazy, custom lifts made. I know that Stallone is like 5'5 without shoes, and 5'10 with them. lol

lol

That's the one. "Actually, I'm not even that tall"

The NBA does that, listing the player's heights in sneakers to be 1.5" to 2" taller than they actually are. They didn't do it in the '70s, but started it in the '80s. These days, 95% of NBA players are around 2" shorter than listed heights. A few players do ask that their true height be listed--Kevin Durant is one. Shaquille O'Neal was another.

Some of these guys have crazy, custom lifts made. I know that Stallone is like 5'5 without shoes, and 5'10 with them. lol

Pro wrestlers heights are exaggerated by 3" to 4". The old WWF used to say Andre the Giant was 7' 4", but he's nowhere close, he's around 6' 10". Hulk Hogan was supposedly 6' 8", but he's really 6' 4" or 6' 5".

Pro wrestlers heights are exaggerated by 3" to 4". The old WWF used to say Andre the Giant was 7' 4", but he's nowhere close, he's around 6' 10". Hulk Hogan was supposedly 6' 8", but he's really 6' 4" or 6' 5".

Their weight is exaggerated too. Brock Lesnar magically lost like 100lbs when he left the WWE and started fighting in the UFC. lol

Yeah, I'm not sure why "Enterprise" got such a bad rap. I was definitely sad to see it come to an early end...

I think the way it ended was terrible and soured me on the series

Yeah, the final episode with the TNG crossover was not good. However, most final episodes are terrible because they are trying to wrap up a story arc ahead of its time.

Their weight is exaggerated too. Brock Lesnar magically lost like 100lbs when he left the WWE and started fighting in the UFC. lol

Here's a cool pic of Andre the Giant standing next to the legit 7' 1" Wilt Chamberlain and 6' 1" or 6' 2" Arnold Schwarzenegger:

3841584581_0222528ba4_o.jpg

That's the kind of pic that future generations will swear is photoshopped. Sort of like that one with Knight Rider and Gary Coleman.

Daniel Cudmore being 6'8" is definitely within the range of comic book reality. But to look as bulky would take some serious physical work or fantastic CGI effort.

Cudmore is actually taller than the comic Rasputin, so he's a great physical casting particularly since he looks vaguely Russian and is pretty cut.

DanielCudmore_medium.jpg

Is that your wallpaper?

No, just the first pic I found doing a Google image search illustrating that he's cut, so feel free to use it yourself since I'm sensing that you find him dreamy. :foryou:

Daniel Cudmore being 6'8" is definitely within the range of comic book reality. But to look as bulky would take some serious physical work or fantastic CGI effort.

Cudmore is actually taller than the comic Rasputin, so he's a great physical casting particularly since he looks vaguely Russian and is pretty cut.

DanielCudmore_medium.jpg

Is that your wallpaper?

No, just the first pic I found doing a Google image search illustrating that he's cut, so feel free to use it yourself since I'm sensing that you find him dreamy. :foryou:

The watch is a turn-off.

That's the kind of pic that future generations will swear is photoshopped. Sort of like that one with Knight Rider and Gary Coleman.

It looks legit to me. Chamberlain and Arnold were both in the Conan movie together and are wearing their movie outfits, and I've heard several times before that Andre was a bit under 7 feet despite how pro wrestling tried to hype him up.

It looks legit to me. Chamberlain and Arnold were both in the Conan movie together and are wearing their movie outfits, and I've heard several times before that Andre was a bit under 7 feet despite how pro wrestling tried to hype him up.

Oh, I know it's legit, but it's just so crazy looking. Besides, I'm far from a photoshop expert, but the shadows on the ground would be very hard to fake I think.

Here's a cool pic of Andre the Giant standing next to the legit 7' 1" Wilt Chamberlain and 6' 1" or 6' 2" Arnold Schwarzenegger:

3841584581_0222528ba4_o.jpg

Arnold is under 6 feet :(

DanielCudmore_medium.jpg

Is that your wallpaper?

And why is he wearing a tea-saucer on his wrist?

-slym

X-Pac - 6'2" and 225 pounds.

:roflmao:

-slym

Arnold is under 6 feet :(

I've heard that about the modern-day Arnold as well, but supposedly he was 6' 1.5" as a young man as he was in Conan. Same thing has happened to Bill Clinton--he used to be close to 6' 2" but is now around 6'. Shrinking seems to kick in during your late 50s or 60s; dunno if it happens to everyone or not. (shrug)

I finally get to see it today. Can't wait to secretly love it, then tell y'all it SUCKED!!

Nah just kidding, I hope hope hope I can climb on board the joy train for this one. :wishluck:

If you're a fan of TOS I don't see how you can. I saw the first one and just realized that the reimaging of Star Trek TOS wasn't for me and made me wish they had just made something new.

TOS is my god!! But I dug the 2009 movie a bunch, got it on Blu-Ray, watched it the other day, and still have very little beef with it.

Next Generation is my god. That's the series where Roddenberry freed himself from NBC meddling with his creative decisions to make the series more palatable to a mass audience. TNG is the finest science fiction to ever grace a television screen. :cloud9:

At its best, TNG was quite good. But actually it got good because Roddenberry became less involved. His insistance that in the future we all have evolved beyond personal conflict was a real buzz-kill when it came to generating suspenseful scripts. The 1st year of TNG was his baby-- the Wesley Crusher season. The later years were much better, and -- sad to say-- better without Roddenberry. :(