• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bringing Books to Convention for Grading

4 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone - New to the boards. I will be attending WOW! convention in San Jose, CA and was interested in the process of bringing books to CGC for grading. Do I have to be a member of CGC to get books graded (as I am currently not a member)? Is there a price discount for bringing books directly to the show? Are turn around times for grading the same as what is quoted on the CGC website? Is there submission paperwork to fill out prior to showing up at the convention booth, or is it all done on site? Is there a limit on number of books you can submit at once on site? Thank you in advance. Any and all question help is greatly appreciated. Cheers. Joe

You save the cost of shipping the books to Florida. Turn around times as listed on their web site are a sad joke. Expect delays. You can get the forms there. No limit, as far as I know.

Shadroch - Thank you so very much for the insight. One outstanding question is: do I have to join CGC to get books graded at the convention? I am assuming the answer is yes, but figured I would ask anyway. On the issue of forms being available on site, is it easier / faster to have them filled out ahead of time - and are these available online (if it is faster / easier). Thanks again. Joe

CGC only grades on-site in Philly and Chicago. The pricing is on the CGC website.

You can drop off books for CGC to take back with them at any show they attend.