• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'll take Over Priced Stuff for $1000, Alex...

15 posts in this topic

I was just thinking that myself.

According to the bag there should be an issue of the Hulk (TTA?) in there as well.

$250 a book for ungraded...? A bit off for a starting price. Half that might be more reasonable for those books... but why not open it up and get the books graded first if they are that nice.

Kev

Hilarious! If they all graded CGC NM 9.4, the Daredevil would probably sell for about $160, the X-Men for about $300, and the Spider-Man for about $300. They would have to grade a NM+ for you to recoup your investment, shipping costs, and CGC fees.

I guess maybe the seller's hope is to sell to some very wealthy collector who wants the multi-pack and has no plans to open it. These things must be pretty rare...I've never seen one on ebay before.

What are the values of pre-bagged comics from this era or later for that matter... I know some of the whitman bags are going for a quite few bucks if you can find'em.

I came across a return of The Jedi three pack that is still sealed and the comics inside are still an easy 9.2-9.4 each, would this be a worthwhile buy at say thirty bucks(US)???

To me, the comic bags are nostalgic since I purchased many books in packs similiar to this as a kid. If I ever purchased one, it would be to keep it in the bag for sentimental reasons. But it would have to be for a helluva lot less than a grand!

Bronzejunkie, if the JEDI comics in the pack go for thirty bucks or more when sold individually in that condition, than I'd say it's a good deal. Are these the Marvel comics from 1983? If so, I think thirty dollars sounds reasonable.

the last time i picked up one of the sealed value packs of silver age books it contained king features publications and contained a flash gordon # 5.i most definitely opened it with the same zeal i opened them with as a child(al williamson

interior art>nostalgia).any effect that the plastic may have had on the paper was

undetectable outside of a laboratory.BONE WHITE 1967 VINTAGE ,i believe.i place the myth of value pack plastic detriment in the same category as i do warnings about stacking books one on top of the other,as the mile high(ahem) and several other pedigree collections so soundly disprove.as for buying the value pack in question for a grand...i haven't been under the influence of anything strong enough for that sort of behavior in quite some time.may GOD bless you and your families...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)

p.s. whose mother threw away the last copies of bible tales for young folk(atlas)

#'s 2,3,5 ? aaaaiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee...................