• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ottawa Comic Con May 10-12

23 posts in this topic

The first one was last year and I would classify it as a big success. Not as big as the Mtl one but had everything you wanted with a lot of good dealers and guests showing up.

I think it might be better than the other big city shows because it's not as congested with all the same things you would want anyway.

The first one was last year and I would classify it as a big success. Not as big as the Mtl one but had everything you wanted with a lot of good dealers and guests showing up.

I think it might be better than the other big city shows because it's not as congested with all the same things you would want anyway.

Si. Going Friday and Sunday. Want to avoid the crowds/Saturday at all costs.

Plus, have a rugby game anyway, so that takes care of that.

I really wish there was some CGC submission action at this. Seems that we're always getting screwed by CGC in Canada. Some better guests could help as well. Not really anyone that I'm stoked for.

I went last year and it was really fun!

Missing this year for TCAF but thats what happens when you change convention dates around! :(

Just found out yesterday that you're a fellow Canadian. I sort of had it in my head that you were from New York, New Jersey, or Boston area.

Not as congested??? I've never been to any other conventions. Think I would probably lose it if I went to one. Just TOO many people packed into a tiny space. On the Saturday last year in Ottawa, it was EXTREMELY hard to shop, had to wait ridiculous times to get in, line up super early for any panels. And I find like half the people there, they go just to say they went, show how truly "nerdy and geeky" they are, just to be part of something like that for not specific reason, etc etc etc.

Correction. Richard Starkings is there again! He's pretty pimp.

Pia Guerra is there, Chris Claremont, Arthur Suydham, few others that aren't bad.

But like, other than a signature or sketch, what else do you ask them??? Say??? Talk about???

Ill be there for Friday and Saturday. Possibly a little on Sunday but with Mother's Day, puppy school, and my own hockey game at 4 I doubt it.

Can't wait!

Last year was a success sure, but I found there wasn't enough comic dealers and very few that had high end keys, etc

I really wish there was some CGC submission action at this. Seems that we're always getting screwed by CGC in Canada. Some better guests could help as well. Not really anyone that I'm stoked for.

If this thread was posted earlier I would have arranged submissions. I can't believe I missed Pia. :(

Pia Guerra is there, Chris Claremont, Arthur Suydham, few others that aren't bad.

But like, other than a signature or sketch, what else do you ask them??? Say??? Talk about???

lol

Seriously?

lol

Seriously?

Regarding........?