• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 4

125 posts in this topic

I nailed the first one but didn't go high enough on the second.

My gut was saying 8.5, but that crease on the BC was saying 7.5. :cry:

Amen on that back cover

Yeah, you could have shown me the label with the book and I still would have never graded that a 9.0. lol

I nailed the first one but didn't go high enough on the second.

My gut was saying 8.5, but that crease on the BC was saying 7.5. :cry:

I nailed the first one too. But a 9.0 on that ST!?! Jeez, GA gets some serious unfair curving by CGC IMO.

Lucked out and got both right.

The Planet I couldn't nail down to 2 grades, I had a range of 4.5 to 5.5 so I went in the middle. The ST I really felt it was a very strong 8.5 and I've seen worse looking books go higher, so I bumped it up that half grade. But, that's what I did in round one and looked where it got me. If this was a March madness contest I probably would have been knocked out in round 1.

OK! That back cover crease on the ST brought that down to an 8.5, and 5.0 on the Planet - come on! I had it at 3.5! lol

When I first looked, I said, "this thing is gonna be friggin 4.5" but I couldn't do it!

I had the Planet at around 5.0 to 5.5, then gave it the gift bump all the way to 6.5. :tonofbricks:

Thought I had the ST nailed at 7.5. :(

Yeah, I was going 7.5, but then thought, I am too strict some times so I bumped to 8.0.

I went 5 on the Planet, but 7.5 on the ST - ouch!

My grades as well...was fairly comfortable with the PC 54...actually felt like I was nudging the ST 65 to its highest possible grade...caveat for me is I have not been able to reduce the scans and am seeing too many flaws with the hyper-enlarged scans.

Seriously, if I could request one reasonable request from here on out can we please get actual size book scans posted...the large scans for me as well as I'm sure for many others are a mind-*spoon*! 2c

I went 5 on the Planet, but 7.5 on the ST - ouch!

My grades as well...was fairly comfortable with the PC 54...actually felt like I was nudging the ST 65 to its highest possible grade...caveat for me is I have not been able to reduce the scans and am seeing too many flaws with the hyper-enlarged scans.

Seriously, if I could request one reasonable request from here on out can we please get actual size book scans posted...the large scans for me as well as I'm sure for many others are a mind-*spoon*! 2c

I've just been right clicking them, saving them to my desktop, and then openning them in Windows Photo Viewer.

If I could make a request - Please give me the Strange Tales. I think the grade is irrelevant, the book is awesome and I would love to have it.