• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The VF range

36 posts in this topic

Where are you finding the deals for solid VF's. I went to e-bay and keyed VF and Very Fine in the search to see what was for sale. A lot of it's gargage. So many of these sellers just don't have a clue. Or do you have to look at 50 or 60 books before you see a true VF? Just took a quick look and it was awful. Anyone want a good laugh? Try it.

I've found some decent VF/VF+ books on ebay here or there, but you definetly have to sift through mountains of to find them. And when you do, you'll have other bidders on your @ss.

But I get a lot of my books from buying collections and from certain collectors(some on ebay) that I've dealt with enough to be confident with grading. Also, I will not shell out big bucks on a book without seeing a high resoultion scan first. And if that isn't possible, I will buy a book blind as long as the seller has a return policy. Taking chances once in awhile can really pay off at times.

WHAM!

I've actually got that LP somewhere. laugh.gif

Where the cartridges sealed? I remember the old Nintendo cartridges getting damaged easily.

"You're spending thousands maybe but the typical collector isn't."

Ok, that's why I wrote numerous times in this thread that I was specifically talking about Gold and early Silver books, where the difference between 8.0 and 9.0 $$$ wise can be huge. The average collector who dosen't or can't spend thousands would not be trying to put together VF or higher runs of these books in the first place.

Do you think people are buying to play them, or just for posterity. My Nintendo was defunked years ago, and I didn't think that many would still be working.

Yeah I know. I did take a chance on a Green Lantern 4 listed as a VF on e-bay. When I got it, it turned out to be Very Fine indeed.

So, if you're buying collections, that would make you a dealer? With the exception of the one I bought 2 years ago, and there were VF's in there, I have never been fortunate enough to find another collection. I'm calling it a once in a lifetime opportunity. I am looking to turning a lot of VG and Fine stuff into VF's. Guess I'll go e-bay hunting cause I don't think I'll have the luck to fall into another collection like I did again.

I would say 95% of the people who buy these games are buying them to PLAY first and Collect second. I was a collector for years until I got bored with it. You can still pick up NES games for cheap and sell them on e-bay for multiples of what you paid for them.

Well yeah....I could xerox all of my favorite comic books instead of buying them but wheres the fun in that? Most of these people just want to have these games for their colections and to play them too.

A hearty welcome back to you, CI! Any luck with that butter conspiracy? We're all very eager to hear what you've turned up.

I tried to, but the deal went sour. grin.gif

I'm gonna let Metropolis have their "I can't believe it's hundred year-old butter" fairy tale, since anyone who would concoct that BS is deranged and potentially dangerous.

Well there's Fine/Very Fine, Very Fine -, F+. None of them are a Very Fine. And a lot of sellers on ebay don't know that. Maybe a couple of small stress cracks, a corner crease that doesn't break color. Anything more and it's not a Very Fine.

"If you're talking the first 10 issues of major Silver Age series in VF/VF+ at a fair price, then yes, you may have a point. "

Yes, that would be "early Silver", which is what I meant by "early silver". shocked.gif