• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie 1-10 +50 CLUB
12 12

1,011 posts in this topic

And, in keeping with the thread, here's mine :)

archiebook412-1.jpg

Really really nice.

Wow, the cover is still attached. That's amazing for this comic.

Did you ever think about erasing the pencil in the "A"?

You dont erase anything on mega keys

This.

archiebook412-1.jpg

Really really nice.

You dont erase anythign on mega keys

I don't think my OCDs would allow that.

Surely with a pencil mark like that, a very light going over with a kneaded eraser to lighten the pencil wouldn't be that bad would it? It probably wouldn't erase it, but it would lighten it slightly. Would that be so bad? Regardless, it's an amazing 3.0 and there are scores of jealous collectors out there

I don't have anything against erasing pencil from books if it can be done properly. But for me, the mark is part of the history of the book. Doesn't bother me at all.

archiebook412-1.jpg

Really really nice.

You dont erase anythign on mega keys

I don't think my OCDs would allow that.

Surely with a pencil mark like that, a very light going over with a kneaded eraser to lighten the pencil wouldn't be that bad would it? It probably wouldn't erase it, but it would lighten it slightly. Would that be so bad? Regardless, it's an amazing 3.0 and there are scores of jealous collectors out there

must be an "A" thing hm

GGAMISSAMERICA04fixed_zpsce355dcd.jpg

The club is small (4 members) but growing. I know there are more out there.....we'd love to see them.

CGC Unrestored:

3.0 OW... 143ksk... Page 2

1.0 Brittle... Ameri... Page 1

CGC Restored

7.0 OW-W... Gadzukes... Page 1

Raw

6.0 Restored... Lotemo... Page 1

Edited by gadzukes

Ugh, this business trip is killing me! Again, I'll post some clean scans of the #1's when I get back, but in the interim I stumbled across this pic on my laptop that I took a while back of my 1-20 run.

Archie1.jpg

(worship)

Wow, we have found our 1st hoarder on this thread. Those A1s look pretty nice, what's the story on those? Are they unrestored?

The one that is covered up a bit is unrestored and probably a 2.0-3.0 because of the detached cover. The top one had some work done to it by Matt like 10 years ago. It was initially an incomplete copy with a decent cover, but I found a complete coverless copy (and sold the old insides a decade ago). Fortunately the new interior was a solid fit with the cover. Suppose that is marriage in its most basic sense. Then Matt did some pressing, cleaning and minor color touch. In his opinion it was a solid F/F+ when he was done, but as far as how CGC would label with regard to resto level, I have no idea!

And if you think that's hoarding you ain't seen nothing yet. ;o)

Adding GoldenPRguy's 2 raw Archie 1s to the Club list brings the total to 6 Archie 1s in the Club. Keep em coming we want to see them.

CGC Unrestored:

3.0 OW... 143ksk... Page 2

1.0 Brittle... Ameri... Page 1

CGC Restored

7.0 OW-W... Gadzukes... Page 1

Raw

2.0-3.0 Unrestored... GoldenPRguy... Page 3

6.0 Restored... Lotemo... Page 1

6.0 SL Restored... GoldenPRguy... Page 3

Ugh, this business trip is killing me! Again, I'll post some clean scans of the #1's when I get back, but in the interim I stumbled across this pic on my laptop that I took a while back of my 1-20 run.

Archie1.jpg

:o

Yikes ! I didn't know it was possible to hoard like this on this title !! (worship)

Archie1.jpg

:o

Unreal archie collection!!!

Any thoughts on the CGC apparent 8.0 copy of Pep 22 on ebay this week?

At least they were honest to mention it was removed from a bound volume

They don't mention that it was trimmed to fit the bound volume and it doesn't appear to be trimmed as far as I can tell.