• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie 1-10 +50 CLUB
12 12

1,011 posts in this topic

On 6/12/2022 at 3:00 PM, writerwill said:

Do you think it's worth trying to g et my 1.0 Archie #1 cleaned up a bit/or pages worked on, and resubmitted to CGC? They graded it a decade ago and I do think it could be a 2.0! I looked into Hero Restoration, but I'm just not sure... 

Really shopping around for the answer you want, eh? Take a hint - there's a reason you keep getting the same response over, and over, and over again. Posting the same question in a different thread isn't going to change the response of anyone with any sense. Your book is appropriately graded. The brittle pages mean you'd be a selfish fool to resubmit a book of such importance for re-grading (as CGC and everyone who responded to your other post has already told you). Be happy with your book, or sell it and try and get a higher graded copy.

On 6/12/2022 at 3:00 PM, writerwill said:

Do you think it's worth trying to g et my 1.0 Archie #1 cleaned up a bit/or pages worked on, and resubmitted to CGC? They graded it a decade ago and I do think it could be a 2.0! I looked into Hero Restoration, but I'm just not sure... 

Not all "Brittle" designations are the same.  I bought an Archie 2 - 1.0 (with brittle pages) because I needed a CF.  I was hoping that since the CF is in the center that maybe it was not brittle.  When I cracked it out, to my surprise the entire comic was very supple except for the extreme edge of a couple pages.  I was shocked that they gave it the brittle designation.  

You should probably just leave it alone, but.... If you're really curious...... You can crack it out and check the pages yourself.  Just remember...... handling a Brittle comic will usually lead to flaking and more destruction.  But it's your comic so you can do anything you want.

On 6/13/2022 at 10:12 AM, gadzukes said:

Not all "Brittle" designations are the same.  I bought an Archie 2 - 1.0 (with brittle pages) because I needed a CF.  I was hoping that since the CF is in the center that maybe it was not brittle.  When I cracked it out, to my surprise the entire comic was very supple except for the extreme edge of a couple pages.  I was shocked that they gave it the brittle designation.  

You should probably just leave it alone, but.... If you're really curious...... You can crack it out and check the pages yourself.  Just remember...... handling a Brittle comic will usually lead to flaking and more destruction.  But it's your comic so you can do anything you want.

I'm getting the feeling he might be a bit curious.

On 6/24/2022 at 1:27 PM, gadzukes said:

I've had this as a raw forever.  (unfortunately the cover was glued to the interior).  I knew it would get a purple label, but I'm ok with that.

IMG_1630.jpeg

Love you Betty!  Hubba Hubba!

On 9/4/2022 at 1:00 AM, Ameri said:

Hi writerwill, here's info on your 1.0 Archie 1. It was my book which I bought raw from Dale Roberts about 10 years ago. He had it as a poor/fair. I gingerly paged through the book with no problem. It's not flaking, the pages are just on the brown side. If you fold a corner, it may snap off but I was never daring enough to attempt such a thing and why should I? I submitted it to CGC and they gave it the 1.0. That said, here's the book when it was sold on Heritage in 2004:  

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/archie-1-archie-1942-condition-pr-fr-bad-news-first-the-pages-are-very-brittle-and-the-cover-is-soiled-and-now-the/a/14102-17069.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

I've been narrowing down my focus on Archies and this is what I've decided are my keepers which are also my favorite covers 

archie8.jpg

That's a tough set of PEPs to put together.  I love em.

On 9/15/2022 at 6:00 PM, gadzukes said:

1950 on the left, 1961 on the right.  I like the Montana cover more.

IMG_2878.jpeg

I like both actually, but Bob's Veronica is a little more fulsome, isn't she.

On 9/15/2022 at 6:01 PM, gadzukes said:

I just picked this one up too.  Tough to find in high grade.

IMG_2874.jpeg

Love the date stamp.