• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first British Comic Convention!

52 posts in this topic

The first British Metropolis Comic Convention was a huge success. I was fortunate enough to visit the wonderful city of London and talk, buy, sell and trade comics with my British Customers including Mr. (soon to be Sir once he has finished his DC collection) Ian Levine! Sufficed to say I will be plannign more trips to London in the near future so if you live there or near abouts please contact me so we can set up a time for tea and comics.

Pics from show to come.

Thanks and Have a Happy Labor day Weekend!

Vincent Zurzolo

The first British Metropolis Comic Convention was a huge success. I was fortunate enough to visit the wonderful city of London and talk, buy, sell and trade comics with my British Customers including Mr. (soon to be Sir once he has finished his DC collection) Ian Levine! Sufficed to say I will be plannign more trips to London in the near future so if you live there or near abouts please contact me so we can set up a time for tea and comics.

Pics from show to come.

Vincent Zurzolo

WOW! Does completing a full run of every DC comic automatically get you knighted? grin.gif

(I know some would say YES!)

Pics from show to come.

Vincent Zurzolo

WOW! Does completing a full run of every DC comic automatically get you knighted? grin.gif

Only by Fergie.....

Pics from show to come.

Vincent Zurzolo

Only by Fergie.....

27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

WOW! Does completing a full run of every DC comic automatically get you knighted?

I haven't completed it yet. Mainly because someone got greedy.

I read the posts on that, (that was insane) good luck to you and hang in there Sir Ian!

Hi there, I know British comic conventions are not as big as some of their American counterparts, but how can two comic boxes be a convention? Harley Yee comes over twice a year and does the conventions, where there is a assembly of various dealers. I think it would be great if you really did do a convention and bring quite a lot of your stock, I also think you would do very well if you did this, and put a ad in comics international a few months in advance! You would make some good cash, and maybe some new customers.

Hi there, I know British comic conventions are not as big as some of their American counterparts, but how can two comic boxes be a convention? Harley Yee comes over twice a year and does the conventions, where there is a assembly of various dealers. I think it would be great if you really did do a convention and bring quite a lot of your stock, I also think you would do very well if you did this, and put a ad in comics international a few months in advance! You would make some good cash, and maybe some new customers.

Thanks Herc- I will take your comments under advisement. I plan on coming to Lodnon again for a big show-when is the next one? To set the record straight-I actually brought over 500 books with me and did put an ad in Comics International. I also sent emails, letters and posted on these boards with plenty of time for anybody to contact me about meeting at my showing.

I think there is one in 3 weeks, but thats too soon obviously. I'll find out earliar ones, but I guarantee you'll have a lot of people if you do it. A typical royal national does quite well and gets quite busy, but when Harley comes over (much to the other dealers disgust) he gets packed out! Why do you think he has been coming over the last 10 years or so. When he is here, he is NO 1. You could be too, just don't clash with each other of course. Where are the buyers going to go? The same old, same old UK dealers boxes, or Metropolis??????? I know where I'd be going, 27_laughing.gif.

I think there is one in 3 weeks, but thats too soon obviously. I'll find out earliar ones, but I guarantee you'll have a lot of people if you do it. A typical royal national does quite well and gets quite busy, but when Harley comes over (much to the other dealers disgust) he gets packed out! Why do you think he has been coming over the last 10 years or so. When he is here, he is NO 1. You could be too, just don't clash with each other of course. Where are the buyers going to go? The same old, same old UK dealers boxes, or Metropolis??????? I know where I'd be going, 27_laughing.gif.

When was the last time you bought ANYTHING from Harley, Herc?

Oh, and SHUT UP, by the way. tongue.gif

Rearrange these two words to form a well known phrase...

'Nose' and 'Brown'