• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suggestions on selling off collection. Hulk 181 in craigslist buy.

23 posts in this topic

Good day all,

I've been lurking on these boards for a year or so, and i finally got around to posting.

My name is Scott, its a pleasure to be here. Now that that's out of the way...

I recently purchased a comic collection from its original owner. The books are all readers, some in better shape then others. I paid 100 bucks for the whole collection, and found a few gems in there, including a HULK 181.

I plan to sell off the the collection on ebay, and keep the gems. Through your experiences, what is the best way to do so? Sell it as a bulk lot? multiple bulk lots, or group the liked titles together and sell them that way.

Im not looking to get rich, i just want to re-coop my 100 bucks, and perhaps a bit more, so i can end up with a free hulk 181. Thanks for the input.

138078.jpg.4f3f2afce5d75f407c01d27c368fb244.jpg

One big lot so you only have to deal with one ebayer as opposed to many.

This.

additionally you would do better leaving at least one key in the lot and put it at the top in the picture and make sure it is in the listing.

You could pull out the high demand books and sell them here for 5 bucks a pop. It looks like you have some 200 or so ASMs. Sell the rest in a mystery box here at a resonable price.

You aren't going to see big money, but I'd bet you could make back your investement and then some.

You could also build confidence in potential buyers by asking a series of innoculous questions regarding the happenstance purchase of a box of books containing one of the most recognizable bronze age comics in the industry for $100.

After 10-20 posts, and then declaring that you've "sold" the bulk of the extra books, you graciously offer to sell the Hulk 181 (in VF-NM condition, of course) to the people who selflessly offered to help with advice.

This take a little more work than showing up in the sales thread on a first post, but I'd bet it's a lot more effective.

You could also build confidence in potential buyers by asking a series of innoculous questions regarding the happenstance purchase of a box of books containing one of the most recognizable bronze age comics in the industry for $100.

After 10-20 posts, and then declaring that you've "sold" the bulk of the extra books, you graciously offer to sell the Hulk 181 (in VF-NM condition, of course) to the people who selflessly offered to help with advice.

This take a little more work than showing up in the sales thread on a first post, but I'd bet it's a lot more effective.

lol