• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mighty Con 21-23 June ST. Charles IL

18 posts in this topic

Missed the first one in Wheaton but I was set up at the last one there and had a good day. Sold quite a bit and picked up some great books.

3 days seemed kind of a stretch for me on this type of show but I hope they do well.

Mighty Con

Woo Hoo!! :o

Ken Kristensen: A rabid comic book geek, Ken co-created Todd, The Ugliest Kid on Earth which was published in January 2013 as a graphic novel series by Image Comics (The Walking Dead), and is currently being shopped as an animated TV series. The series is one of many projects Ken has in development with his longtime creative partner, Eisner-nominated comic book artist M.K. Perker.

I may not be able to attend, but my Todd will be there!! :headbang:

I was there and it was a very slow show. I met Bob Mcleod and he did an amazing sketch for me. I will post a picture later.

There where great deals to be had, I would be will to say that it was the worst 3 day show ever, well according to the dealers.

I made it to the show, but only for Friday night.

Was Mcleod there on Friday?

I think I was able to get a few deals, but I did feel bad for the dealers. I thought it would pick up on Saturday and Sunday and people were busy Friday night.

Not sure what happened here - good dealers, good prices, a large venue...

He was there on Friday night, he was behind Priscilla Barnes. My booth was close to Frank Fosco and I asked him also to draw Galactus with Thanos in his hand. Here is what he did for me.

GalactusThanosinhandcover_zps2b11a349.jpg

Those sketches are sick, really nice! I was planning on going on Saturday but had too much going on at work to break away.

I heard from everyone I know that set up that it was baaaaad. I feel really bad for the dealers and the vendors because booth fees were pricey for that small of show. I also read some post online from creators, and they were really upset. Hate to see stuff like that for any show.

Yes they where prices where bad, but we made the best of it. Some of the dealers had some great deals. I picked up some and my friends also did. I know 1 dealer was selling a lot of 52 for $1 each. I got 3 Superman Unchained for $1 each and I sold a couple at $3 each. I also picked up another X-men 266 for a great price.

I was there on the Saturday. The show itself was great. Good large venue, lots of good vendors with great deals. It was quieter than I had expected on the Saturday for a venue of that size but it made it easier as a customer to walk around and browse the long boxes. Shame to hear the dealers weren't happy, this is one con I would love to go to again.