• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Top 5 sketch covers in your collection?
7 7

231 posts in this topic

Me and Par2ch started the whole Clay Mann craze on the boards, He has been one of my favorite artists since.

mann.jpg

This one was all thanks to Mr Mylar (Mike), without him I wouldnt have this beauty

lady_deadpool_bymahmudasrar_zps3f0e6389.jpg

My first sketch cover, If I was going to start I might as well start with a bang

tm-1.jpg

This one was set up before Florida Supercon last year, and I think its an awesome piece

IMAG0212.jpg

This one I consider my baby, the only way I would part with her is if I got a full figure

storm1.jpg

Great sketches from everyone. Here's my fave 5

My first sketch cover- the one that started the addiction. Whilce Portacio from Image Comic Expo. Still need to get a Bishop from him.

WhilcePortacio-Storm_zps330a0b45.jpg

Rodney Buchemi's take on Storm vs Sentinel. Still waiting to get this from Brazil.

RodneyBuchemi-Storm_zpsebaa52a7.jpeg

Still waiting to get this one back from Chris Bachalo.

Bachalo%20Warbird.jpg

Yes, I have a preference for front/back spreads. Bob Layton's Magneto vs Iron Man.

Layton%20sketch.jpg

Jim Lee's Psylocke. Stood line for 4 hours at last year's BigWow but so worth it to me.

Jim%20Lee%20sketch%202.jpg

Honorable Mentions: Tolibao's Psylocke(Thanks Mike. Can't wait to get it), Brando's Emma Frost, Bank's Sunfire (Most are in my CAF)

Where's alphatrion1?

I want to see his top 5 out of the huge amount of sketches he has. lol

:popcorn:

There are a few top 5 that I'd like to see as well.... :popcorn:

I've only been collecting sketch covers for a couple of months so a top 5 equals about half my collection. I have several more covers in the works, though, so hopefully I can make a more meaningful top 5 next time. :grin:

For now I'll just show off these:

Conny Valentina

Absolutely love the face on this Domino.

903187_543976682313052_2111550316_o_zps0a14b25b.jpg

EVS (Photo crops out a bit of the top of the cover, sadly, but I have to wait for it to finish at CGC before I can show something better.)

I really like how he depicted the Phoenix perched on her shoulder and her relaxed pose sitting on a bed of fire roses with the fire effect billowing around her.

912314_444500025644275_68263765_n_zps068e2ca3.jpg

The rest of my current top 5 would be filled out with Dooney covers from my sig, but picking which ones would be like choosing a favorite child. They're all favorites lol

In no particular order..

zu5x5e.jpg

2rcxzco.jpg

se6lw0.jpg

2s10yvq.jpg

8zp3k4.jpg

Love that Moore and Sayger

Wow these are amazing. Mine don't of course carry such big names but more have a special place in my heart for how or where I got them.

But ya guys amazing top 5

It changes quite often, but here it goes:

My first sketch op on the boards - Doug Mahnke

Mahnke.JPG

Always loved Mark Texeira's version of Ghost Rider

Texiera.jpg

Mike Mayhew goodness

Mayhew.jpg

Can't go wrong with Clayton Crain

Crain.jpg

Love me some Campbell

Campbell.jpg

My first (and so far only) sketch cover, and is currently on it's way through snail mail to me :) Bought it off a fellow board member, literally screaming for it because I didn't want anyone else to get there first xD I love me some well drawn Rogue :D

sajadroguesmall_zps2afd064b.jpg

:cloud9:

Edited by Vagabond142

My first (and so far only) sketch cover, and is currently on it's way through snail mail to me :) Bought it off a fellow board member, literally screaming for it because I didn't want anyone else to get there first xD I love me some well drawn Rogue :D

sajadroguesmall_zps2afd064b.jpg

:cloud9:

:applause: