• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marietta GA. Comic Con June 2nd

19 posts in this topic

Marietta Georgia Comic Con

The last time I sold at a con in Atlanta area was 2003. Well looks like my decade away is over. I will be giving this show a try and maybe I can start coming to the area a couple of times a year. I know Atlanta has a regular long running show but I was never able to get my foot in the door.

I have been doing a lot of buying this year and I have a fairly nice late 40's through late 70's selection of comics. I'm trying to get a new collection ready for this show and then I'll be at Heroes in Charlotte the next weekend.

Leroy

Like I said I have been buying like crazy all year as I'm trying to get an inventory together that will allow me to do the larger shows.

I still like the small one days shows as the set-up cost is cheap and a lot of the dealers at these shows are just cool to hang out with.

Over the next few days I'll be post a few pictures that will be new inventory that has never seen a show floor, ebay or a CGC sales thread with the debut being Atlanta on June 2nd.

If you were on the fence about this show maybe I can help change your mind. Unless you collect moderns then move along as nothing to see here.

Some comics pictured may not be with me as some are to be entombed by CGC. :(

Anyway on certain comics I understand if you get the right CGC grade people pay silly amounts of money for it.

Leroy

Ready, set, ACTION!

ActionGroup_zpsb3fadbab.jpg

ugh. I just drove 2 hours to Marietta this past weekend, are you really going to make me do it again?

What 1950's title are you interested in and I'll see if I have it to take a special group shot picture?

Anything below interest you?

Showcase_zps27f4e3f8.jpg

Det3_zpsfc483568.jpg

If you've got a sub $500 (Preferrable ~$400) Green Lantern 1 or Daredevil 1, I might make the trip.

No on DD 1 except for the coverless copy I have.

The GL 1 is going to CGC. I think it may be a 7.5.

JLA Group pic

JLA_zps0f7b7ad0.jpg

Same old books as always. Looks like there was a decent turn out but nothing worth buying to me.

I thought this was 1st show in Marietta that Mario did? It was almost all new dealers than Wes show. I thought it was pretty good for a first show. Room was laid out a little strange though. Plenty of steals in the cheap boxes and Leroy had a pretty strong selection. Kind of a rough week for the guys going to Charlotte.

It didn't help that there were 2 major construction projects the past weekend that would add at least an hour to the drive if you didn't know in advance to avoid them.

At least the storm didn't hit until late in the afternoon.