• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA (TORONTO) AUG 22-25, 2013

51 posts in this topic

Hey sorry if there is already a thread, i didn't see any.. I went last year for the first time and it was so damn fun, going again this year, anybody else goin??? maybe we could start some sort of pre game get together or something??

confirmed guests so far are kind of underwhelming but i think they are saving the big guns for later, last year had some heavy hitters..

this year : stan lee, norman reedus, nathen fillion, morina baccarin, david hasselhoff, dean cain, james hong, jeffery combs, ken foree lena heady, richard dean anderson, george takei,

also they are doing a sports side to it with confirmed guests so far: hulk hogan, roberto alomar, bobby orr, joe montana, joe sakic, martin brodeur, gordie howe,

and so far comic guests announced are mike mignola, tony moore, mark brooks, tony daniel, steve epting, stuart immonen, katherine immonen, steve niles,joe prado, ivan reis, james robinson, louise simonson, walt simonson, sal abbinanti, andy belanger, becky cloonan, anthony del col, connor mccreery, dan parent, chrissie zulo..

hulk hogan just had a crazy, and i mean crazy accident so i dont know 100 percent for sure if hes still coming, i would imagine so but who knows.. his hands are all destroyed at the moment..

chumlee has been announced. i'm seriously regretting buying a ticket this year.. theres like no good people to see at least not as many as last year.. i think they blew most of their budget on the sports stars... which sucks..

I agree, be patient, but when you start announcing people like Chumlee as a guest, it does sound like they are hurting to find people. I hope more A list comic guests will be announced before the end of July. I would like to see some new artists who haven't appeared in Toronto or not in awhile. E.g. Alex Ross, Jim Lee, Trimpe, Romita's, Wein, Wrightson, Steranko, Ordway and so on.

If Chum is here, who will be back at the store doing the night shift???

At least he is somewhat knowledgeable about comics.

If we add one of the guys from hardcore pawn and cajun pawn stars, then we would have the tri-fecta.

I don't think we can compare SDCC to FanExpo. Regardless of the fact that FanExpo is one of the largest comic conventions in NA, it has problems attracting a lot of A listers at the same time, like NYCC and SDCC. For all I know, that decision can be deliberate on the organizers side.

We can compare the two easily on when they release their guest lists. In both cases their guests lists are not complete. Since SDCC is earlier I used it as an example that it is early to judge Fanexpos guest list.

yes but you totally can compare last years fan expo with this years, which is what i was getting at. last years was awesome, and compared to this years, this year is sorely lacking in both how many announcements they have made and the names, don't get me wrong i still can't wait, but it still worries me that they blew their load so to speak on the sports side, and spread themselves too thin, i'm sure those sports hof were not cheap..