• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,221 posts in this topic

On 11/5/2021 at 10:14 PM, Point Five said:

ComicLink win tonight. One of those books that seems super common until you start looking for one, pass on a few copies because of funky defects, and then they seem to disappear entirely! I've waited a couple of years, so very psyched to have landed a pretty one.

fightagainstcrime18.thumb.jpeg.92c19c32baaf8b76eff7121b0a408f6a.jpeg

Congrats! White pages too! (thumbsu

On 11/5/2021 at 11:14 PM, Point Five said:

ComicLink win tonight. One of those books that seems super common until you start looking for one, pass on a few copies because of funky defects, and then they seem to disappear entirely! I've waited a couple of years, so very psyched to have landed a pretty one.

fightagainstcrime18.thumb.jpeg.92c19c32baaf8b76eff7121b0a408f6a.jpeg

On 11/6/2021 at 7:19 AM, Mr. Lady Luck said:

I managed to snag this one at CLink last night. :foryou:

00066911660000113800741022.jpg

Good pick ups, both. I forgot to bid in the CLink auction last night. With the weekend starting, I always seen to forget about Friday auctions.

On 11/6/2021 at 7:19 AM, Mr. Lady Luck said:

I managed to snag this one at CLink last night. :foryou:

00066911660000113800741022.jpg

I'm amazed that there are still great PCH covers out there I haven't seen... particularly since I've been a fan of AIWW #6's cover since forever. Super cool cover!... and more than a bit suggestive. The weird sense of depth (basement tunnel going back in space, teeny tiny cemetery outside the window) is really neat too. Congrats!

On 11/6/2021 at 9:48 AM, Point Five said:

I'm amazed that there are still great PCH covers out there I haven't seen... particularly since I've been a fan of AIWW #6's cover since forever. Super cool cover!... and more than a bit suggestive. The weird sense of depth (basement tunnel going back in space, teeny tiny cemetery outside the window) is really neat too. Congrats!

Every time I look at the covers from this series (and other Atlas pre-code titles) I discover something I never noticed before.

On 11/9/2021 at 1:46 PM, X_Phile said:

Very nice. Someone is cranking through the HT want list!

I don't collect the title per se, just the covers I like in that particular run, that way I don't get bogged down with OCD lists. One thing I actually am happy with after 57 years of actual collecting is ignoring runs of a particular title. The reason being I found it was collecting for collecting sakes. One day I thought, why not just collect the books that actually turn me on?  :idea: :341807820_celebrationemoji:

On 11/9/2021 at 2:50 PM, G G © ® ™ said:

I don't collect the title per se, just the covers I like in that particular run, that way I don't get bogged down with OCD lists. One thing I actually am happy with after 57 years of actual collecting is ignoring runs of a particular title. The reason being I found it was collecting for collecting sakes. One day I thought, why not just collect the books that actually turn me on?  :idea: :341807820_celebrationemoji:

Collecting runs is pure hell. I too found happiness in abandoning that pursuit. 

On 11/9/2021 at 2:50 PM, G G © ® ™ said:

Agreed! There are cool books and dogs mixed in every title, and I take no pleasure in picking up filler books. There's almost literally no GA title where I really like every book in the run.

On 11/9/2021 at 1:50 PM, G G © ® ™ said:

I had the same epiphany earlier this year.

No more runs - I just collect whatever tickles my fancy. :foryou: It's a lot more fun.