• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,221 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2022 at 3:15 AM, Raze said:

I’m thinking about getting a mysterious adventures number 5.

How are the stories? I dont own a book from that title and would like to!

Here's a sample...

You can read the book in full from Page 1211 of the GRR.  (thumbsu

Page03_MysteriousAdventures005.jpg

Page10_MysteriousAdventures005.jpg

Page17_MysteriousAdventures005.jpg

Page27_MysteriousAdventures005.jpg

BOOK #662

Page01_MysteriousAdventures005.jpg

Edited by G-G © ® ™

On 2/18/2022 at 8:02 AM, G-G © ® ™ said:

Some good stuff here Ivan. There are five copies here that in the past and ordinarily I would get involved bidding for, but I won't now, so I hope you'll have a smattering of some slabbed PCH.

I don't think you can beat the feel, smell and joy of reading a raw book, however these days with the prices the way they are, I'm just too fearful of accidental damage by me, occurring to the book. That's just me but that's why I decided to own slabbed only.

Thanks to the internet and technology I have thousands of books stored digitally as I'm sure others do too. If I do get a raw book I photograph each page meticulously and only read it digitally then anyway, and never handle it. Buying slabbed is also a way to ensure my books are passed on in the best possible condition and won't incur damage thru' mishandling from well meaning but non 'comic-understanding' hands, so my heirs will get the maximum benefit.

If I was a lot younger I would probably just stick to buying raw.

Nevertheless great books. (thumbsu

I look forward to your auction in June and winning just one book I want will be a bonus for me.

I want to thank you for the opportunity to win these two beauties in your last auction, and for the superb service I received from your company. :cloud9:

HT006(AAA).jpg

FF004(AAA).jpg

Thanks!! I'm really glad you got these beauties. I should point out that most of the comics in the pic I posted will be sent to CGC next week... I'm just waiting for another batch of books that are en route two arrive before I send the shipment to be slabbed!

On 2/23/2022 at 12:40 PM, Joshua33 said:

After 2 long years of sleepless nights, she finally found her way back into my arms. Thanks Bill, you're a stand-up guy. 

20220223_120425.jpg

That's a beauty and is high up on my wants in terms of PCH books!  I'm kicking myself for not seeing the ebay copy that sold I believe instantly a few months ago.  I even asked the seller if the buyer paid and if for some reason they didn't I was willing to buy it.  

On 2/24/2022 at 1:11 PM, Dark Knight said:

That's a beauty and is high up on my wants in terms of PCH books!  I'm kicking myself for not seeing the ebay copy that sold I believe instantly a few months ago.  I even asked the seller if the buyer paid and if for some reason they didn't I was willing to buy it.  

Yeah, I've never regretted selling a book more in my life than this very copy. Miraculously, I reached out to the boardie I sold it to, and he still had it 2 years later. He was gracious enough to sell it back to me. For that... I owe him the life debt :headbang:

I have noticed the census has grown quite a bit since 2 years ago with 51 universal copies now. Unfortunately, the majority of that explosion came in the form of low grade copies. Getting this book above mid-grade seems nearly impossible, so I count myself lucky and stare at her often.

On 2/18/2022 at 8:02 AM, G-G © ® ™ said:

Some good stuff here Ivan. There are five copies here that in the past and ordinarily I would get involved bidding for, but I won't now, so I hope you'll have a smattering of some slabbed PCH.

I don't think you can beat the feel, smell and joy of reading a raw book, however these days with the prices the way they are, I'm just too fearful of accidental damage by me, occurring to the book. That's just me but that's why I decided to own slabbed only.

Thanks to the internet and technology I have thousands of books stored digitally as I'm sure others do too. If I do get a raw book I photograph each page meticulously and only read it digitally then anyway, and never handle it. Buying slabbed is also a way to ensure my books are passed on in the best possible condition and won't incur damage thru' mishandling from well meaning but non 'comic-understanding' hands, so my heirs will get the maximum benefit.

If I was a lot younger I would probably just stick to buying raw.

Nevertheless great books. (thumbsu

I look forward to your auction in June and winning just one book I want will be a bonus for me.

I want to thank you for the opportunity to win these two beauties in your last auction, and for the superb service I received from your company. :cloud9:

HT006(AAA).jpg

FF004(AAA).jpg

A bunch of the books I posted are heading off to CGC for Express Service, so they will indeed be slabbed. I like to grade 'em first myself, then compare my grades to CGC. I'm generally half a grade stricter than CGC.

On 2/27/2022 at 3:09 AM, Rip said:

The Men's Adventures 26 was by far the toughest to find out of the 3.

Not surprised. I don't recall ever seeing that issue.

Great books btw. Congrats!