• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,192 posts in this topic

On 4/11/2022 at 6:03 PM, N e r V said:

Early Kubert on horror material and a cover fav of mine from the 50’s period…

(Tony Stark takes his date to a haunted house…:ohnoez:)

37FD863B-DE9D-4B88-ADCC-79891A4C58E3.thumb.jpeg.c2a522803e8574a7c9a91aed446d4d28.jpeg

Nice colors on this one! :applause:

On 4/18/2022 at 3:14 PM, mstrange said:

This has a hidden little gem Jay Disbrow Horror story with a shock ending and a hard book to come by.

20220418_120849.jpg

One of the greatest splash pages ever! DIsbrow has a unique distinction among precode artists for doing his greatest work in between the covers.

On 4/18/2022 at 9:25 PM, bronze johnny said:

DIsbrow has a unique distinction among precode artists for doing his greatest work in between the covers.

I agree. Such a distinctive style. One of many instantly recognizable artists like Wolverton, Baily, Feldstein, Cole et al.

On 4/18/2022 at 3:52 PM, october said:

It's a cool one. I sold the copies I had, but have a pic I took of the splash...

1.jpg

Thanks for saving me the trouble of dragging out my raw copy. Kind of pointless showing a slabbed copy and discussing the interior. It is really striking when you turn the page. Classic Disbrow!