• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

On 5/13/2022 at 1:04 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

Been after this one for a while….

789BC3C2-BE9C-4260-AA6A-632067DCFBC6.jpeg

I'd love to publish this in the GRR and read it, as it's not in any of the databases. I also have a copy but mine is slabbed. If you ever feel the desire to photograph all the interiors, let me know.  :baiting:

Nice copy.

Edited by (G-G © ® ™) Paul

On 5/13/2022 at 1:39 AM, Dark Knight said:

Fresh from CGC

Venus #19 CGC 4.0.jpg

Great book, congrats! :applause:
Seeing a lot of this book lately. At one time I believed it to be scarce and HTF. Seems to not be the case as more are showing up.

On 5/13/2022 at 8:24 AM, Jayman said:

Seeing a lot of this book lately. At one time I believed it to be scarce and HTF. Seems to not be the case as more are showing up.

I’m hoping for a warehouse find!

On 5/13/2022 at 5:24 AM, Jayman said:

They show up when "the price is right", LOL.

On 5/14/2022 at 5:46 AM, Nic8612 said:

Man.....I was the one bidding against you on that book. Graded higher than I expected, congrats!

Damn sorry about that. It was a must have for me and was trying to win at all costs lol. Yeah I too thought it would grade lower around 3.0.. was pleasantly surprised 😮 

On 5/14/2022 at 1:42 PM, Dark Knight said:

Damn sorry about that. It was a must have for me and was trying to win at all costs lol. Yeah I too thought it would grade lower around 3.0.. was pleasantly surprised 😮 

Hahaha well you got lucky this time :wink:

On 5/14/2022 at 3:06 PM, fifties said:

Until a decent copy at an affordable price occurs (prolly never), I've settled for a replica.  Love the creepy cover!

Strange Tales 1 replica.jpg

Yikes! That looks very original in the bag. Is there anything printed on this that says facsimile? Or can you tell by the paper stock?

Edited by Jayman

On 5/14/2022 at 2:07 PM, Jayman said:

Yikes! That looks very original in the bag. Is there anything printed on this that says facsimile? Or can you tell by the paper stock?

The cover is very close to the original, but the interior pages are also similar, and not newspaper type stock.