• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

On 5/30/2022 at 6:47 PM, Joshua33 said:

Gorgeous book. Not many out there.

Thank you. It’s a mid grade copy too, but this book has recently been popping up in any grade..At least as far as I’ve noticed. I think the current price craze has shook some loose.

On 5/30/2022 at 4:49 PM, Jayman said:

Thank you. It’s a mid grade copy too, but this book has recently been popping up in any grade..At least as far as I’ve noticed. I think the current price craze has shook some loose.

Yeah, the census has exploded from 28 to 54 since I bought one 4 years ago. After nearly doubling only 1 copy of that explosion was above a 5.0. Like I said... above mid grade... good luck. Still only 13 total in 5.5 or better. 9.0 being the highest graded. Not exactly growing on trees. 

On 5/30/2022 at 4:49 PM, Jayman said:

this book has recently been popping up in any grade..At least as far as I’ve noticed. I think the current price craze has shook some loose.

I think that applies to damn near any PCH or GGA book lately.  Previously absent, now available because of the astronomical price rises.

On 6/12/2022 at 7:18 PM, Raze said:

I found this beat up Feature Comics at a local show and thought it had a cool cover. A friend said that Dollman stories were pretty good reads.

Has anyone read this issue?

Scan 2022-6-12 21.08.37.jpg

I haven’t read that particular issue but I do enjoy Dollman. The art in those Feature books is exceptionally nice!

On 6/17/2022 at 9:17 PM, here2havefun said:

I'm new to comic books, coming from the world of sports cards. I discovered pre-code horror late last year, and have been dipping my toe in this year. These are my first "big" purchases, from the latest PBA auction. Very excited to add these.

OIOZvMJ.jpg?1

4bQJC04.jpg?1

dtVCKeE.jpg?1

UcByohI.jpg?1

Welcome aboard!!  Nice pick-ups!! :cheers:

Edited by Galen130

On 6/17/2022 at 11:17 PM, here2havefun said:

I discovered pre-code horror late last year, and have been dipping my toe in this year. These are my first "big" purchases, from the latest PBA auction. Very excited to add these.

Welcome to the Dark Side :headbang:

On 6/17/2022 at 10:03 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Just unpacked this one yesterday. I love the starkness of the text box against the black and the looming female figure to the right, without actually seeing her face. The skeleton enforcers are also quite cool.

01.jpg

Since it's slabbed and you can't read it; the female figure is actually misleading.  They're going to put him in an Iron Maiden.

On 6/17/2022 at 11:17 PM, here2havefun said:

I'm new to comic books, coming from the world of sports cards. I discovered pre-code horror late last year, and have been dipping my toe in this year. These are my first "big" purchases, from the latest PBA auction. Very excited to add these.

OIOZvMJ.jpg?1

4bQJC04.jpg?1

dtVCKeE.jpg?1

UcByohI.jpg?1

Heck, Bailey, and Morales covers are an incredible way to start your collection. Look at the delicate lines that defines Morales’ art on the cover of Thing 7. That’s a classic injury to eye motif cover and Morales is one of those great artists who isn’t spoken about much. The cover to Thing 7 is one example of why Morales was one of the greats. As for Bailey, this classic injury to eye motif cover is disturbing to say the least. Look at the hooks and one can’t imagine how horrible the pain must be for guy and how his face is in a “picture frame like” setting while all this is going on. Look at the hairdo on each of the little creatures! Bailey was having fun with this one. Gives one the chills! Heck with the artist who drew the others!