• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,226 posts in this topic

On 1/25/2023 at 6:25 AM, Mr. Lady Luck said:

Excited to have just won this in the latest CLink auction. :)

00296431650000113807943006.jpg.

Haha!  I was watching that one and almost bid on it, but the price went past what I wanted to pay.  That cover looked way better than a 5.0 to me, but I think there was a staining issue… maybe on the back cover? (which I honestly didn’t care about).  I love that cover.  Congrats!

On 1/26/2023 at 12:41 PM, Jayman said:

Nice books! I like Purple Claw 2 also!

The Purple Claw # 2.jpg

Nice! Love that #2 cover! I want to get a better copy of #1 eventually because that rip in the top-left corner annoys me, but with GA comics, in many cases, and from what I've read and heard, you just grab what you can when they show up, since there aren't many out there, and it may be a while before you see it again.  Then worry about upgrading later if you want to.

Edited by Telegan

On 1/26/2023 at 4:07 PM, Telegan said:

Great... now I have to add 2 more to my want list ... I don't think I've ever seen either one of these before, but then I'm a noob.

Well, that’s sorta the thing with PCH.  Even after you’ve been collecting for a while, there’s still probably one you haven’t seen.  There’s a ton of goodies out there.

On 1/26/2023 at 10:36 AM, Telegan said:

From an auction a couple of weeks ago.  I got the Purple Claw #1 just for giggles because it always made me laugh looking at it - did he just hit her or the evil-looking guy?  I guess the "CLANG!" gives it away somewhat.  The Wonderland Comics #7 I got because I've always liked that cover.  Maybe because it reminds me of those old Big Boy Restaurants with the kid holding the burger :

Item #53982023 Front Cover: Wonderland Comics #7 VG+ 4.5

Love this cover!  It appears to be by Howie Post who drew the covers & Jimminy stories for the last few issues of More Fun comics.