• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,190 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2023 at 10:35 AM, adamstrange said:

You can see his signature more easily on other covers.  It's the only title that I recall is headlined by Howie Post.

Wonderland1.jpg

I see a tiny "Post" breaking through at the bottom. I wouldn't have recognized it on the first issue, but the style is clear on #7.  

On 1/27/2023 at 9:57 AM, buttock said:

Love this cover!  It appears to be by Howie Post who drew the covers & Jimminy stories for the last few issues of More Fun comics. 

Yup!  Loved that cover the first time I ever saw it.  And after researching, I believe he did the covers for that entire series (9 issues) except for the last one.  He did the artwork for "Alex in Wonderland" inside every issue, including #9, however.  So he's in all of them as far as I can tell.  Someone feel free to correct.

On 1/28/2023 at 5:45 PM, fifties said:

Been wanting these two forever.  Finally bagged them, in nosebleed territory.

Strange Tales 27.jpg

Strange Tales 34.jpg

Congrats! That 27 is a very underrated Harry Anderson cover IMO! Got a copy off of the boards a couple years ago. The 34 has grown on me too, still need that one…

Edited by Jayman

On 1/31/2023 at 1:28 PM, Paul © ® ™ 💙 ️ said:

Third book of 2023 just arrived. I've wanted a decent copy of this book for years. This is quite sharp despite the grade.

hh.jpg

vtrg.jpg

I’m not always a fan of word balloons on the cover, but in this case, the woman’s “EEEEEEE-“ is perfect! :applause: