• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,192 posts in this topic

On 3/1/2023 at 8:26 PM, N e r V said:

I remember picking up my last copy in 2014 which was a CGC 6.0 at $1500.00 thinking what a dumb a*s I was for over paying on that copy. Pretty happy I didn’t dump it…

I remember selling my VF copy for something like $190 because I was disappointed it wasn't a VFNM as advertised when I bought it.  I thought that since it was a Harvey I'd pick up a better copy down the line.  Oops. 

On 3/2/2023 at 10:43 AM, buttock said:

I remember selling my VF copy for something like $190 because I was disappointed it wasn't a VFNM as advertised when I bought it.  I thought that since it was a Harvey I'd pick up a better copy down the line.  Oops. 

You held to your standards.  The $30,000 you left on the table pales in comparison.

On 3/2/2023 at 7:43 AM, buttock said:

It is interesting how the market has just blown up on this book in the last few years vs other PCH. I’ve kept expecting Venus #19 to be a book that moves quickly too but it hasn’t happened. Nice gains but pretty standard price movement for a book that’s been considered classic Everett. Black Cat #50 is another just way, way up there now.

On 3/2/2023 at 3:26 AM, N e r V said:

I remember picking up my last copy in 2014 which was a CGC 6.0 at $1500.00 thinking what a dumb a*s I was for over paying on that copy. 

You were right, you are a complete dumb a*s.

With that in mind, and in the spirit of Board community, I am willing to recompense you for your foolishness by paying you your initial outlay and throwing in a bear claw.  

I will take the burden of this daft purchase on the chin.  :cry:

On 3/3/2023 at 3:24 PM, Treco said:

Just picked this up recently. A personal grail for me. 

C6307301-B50E-4E94-BB5E-716E83DEFB6D.jpeg

If the grade is 5.5, then I'm pretty sure that was my book until a few weeks ago.

Congrats.

On 3/3/2023 at 4:28 PM, Treco said:

We are forever linked. :foryou: lol

I really did not want to part with it but circumstances dictated otherwise.

It's a beautiful book, and you will never lose on it. Enjoy!

On 3/2/2023 at 10:43 AM, buttock said:

I don't hold sellers to that kind of expectation, If I see a book graded and advertised as a 9.4, I fully expect the book to be a 9.0 when I get it.  

On 3/1/2023 at 7:26 PM, N e r V said:

I remember picking up my last copy in 2014 which was a CGC 6.0 at $1500.00 thinking what a dumb a*s I was for over paying on that copy. Pretty happy I didn’t dump it…

I remember a time long ago at SDCC when a dealer I don’t remember had multiple Harvey PCH file copies in small quantities. It was the end of the day and I spent most of my money. I bought BCM 50, TOT 15, Witches Tales 25 and a few others. Had to leave the COC 19. It wasn’t my favorite of the bunch at the time but I sure regret it now…:sorry:

I still don’t have one and strongly suspect my run of COC will forever stay incomplete.