• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,187 posts in this topic

On 3/11/2023 at 1:32 AM, fifties said:

Have most of the run, but this issue always deluded me.

Astonishing 27.jpg

lol

I think you mean ELUDED......

Edited by Paul © ® ™⚽️💙

On 3/12/2023 at 9:57 PM, fifties said:

I know my lexicon, thank you.  The term was purposely used as a joke.

Yeah...sure.

Sorry, the 'joke' eluded me....I mean deluded me.  :facepalm:

Edited by Paul © ® ™⚽️💙

On 3/11/2023 at 12:27 AM, Raze said:

I found this in a $5 dollar bin! I thought it was a reprint. 

Reveal hidden contents

Its missing half of the first page...

Scan 2023-3-5 18.15.40.jpg

Presents well even with the chunk out, almost don’t even notice the missing chunk at first glance

On 3/11/2023 at 8:26 PM, sartrexpress said:

This is the rare edition that contains the actual Ditko story. Most other copies have a different interior.

IDK where you get that from.  GCD doesn't mention any different interior stories, and my copy has the "Hair Yee-eeee" story as well.

On 3/14/2023 at 11:57 PM, fifties said:

IDK where you get that from.  GCD doesn't mention any different interior stories, and my copy has the "Hair Yee-eeee" story as well.

There are copies that have Harvey’s Black Cat Mystery interior stories inside. I forget the actual reason for the mixup but I have seen them posted here before. CGC does state this on their labels too. Apparently there are more mixed up copies than the ones with the truly intended contents? Another more knowledgeable boardie might explain better!

Edited by Jayman

On 3/15/2023 at 5:43 PM, adamstrange said:

This is the only Strange Fantasy 9 legally/officially published by Ajax/Farrell.

Some printing plates were scrapped and picked up by an unscrupulous party in the late 50s.  They reprinted material from a variety of publishers, mixing and matching various covers and interiors.  So the Str Fant 9 listed as a "variant" is not a variant of Strange Fantasy 9 but a bootleg reprint frankenbook of dubious origin and legality.

This.