• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,226 posts in this topic

Believe me, the one who whined about selling my comics didn't make it very long!

She got the axe, although not in a Crime Suspenstories fashion. grin.gif

The one I'm with now not only bought me pre-code for my birthday, but has given me $ to go to the LCS, and had suggested comic shopping for our anniversary! Hope she coughs up some dough for the Mid-Ohio Con, haha! I need to find that ring pretty fast, I think..... insane.gif

A recent aquisition - low grade but the price was right. Not pictured in the Gerber - but not a white space either - I'm guessing non-EC horror didn't get quite the same respect back in the 80s, as there are a few runs which aren't completely represented.

I love the self-referential cover - I wonder if that's a self-portrait of Myron Fass himself. Overstreet references "heart torn out" and "blood drainage", but don't expect anything too graphic - run of the mill sub-EC horror resides inside.

630435-beware11.jpg

630435-beware11.jpg.fb83646306e2c8a8eadf0ef7b49e5994.jpg

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Here's my copy of Voodoo #3 published by Farrell in 1952. The artwork is vintage Farrell... I really love the work that the Iger studio did on the early issues of Voodoo and Haunted Thrills.

This particular copy is probably a VG- with creasing on the cover, and is possibly going to be upgraded at some point.

Here's the cover...

633182-IMGP2005.JPG

633182-IMGP2005.JPG.e130cf860acce8ac3213e786aa381fc6.JPG

Edited by paull

A recent aquisition - low grade but the price was right. Not pictured in the Gerber - but not a white space either - I'm guessing non-EC horror didn't get quite the same respect back in the 80s, as there are a few runs which aren't completely represented.

I love the self-referential cover - I wonder if that's a self-portrait of Myron Fass himself. Overstreet references "heart torn out" and "blood drainage", but don't expect anything too graphic - run of the mill sub-EC horror resides inside.

630435-beware11.jpg

One of my favorite concepts: the Horror Comic Writer Cover. Has anyone compiled a list of these? I know there are a few, anyway! thumbsup2.gif

POV, my favorite Farrell covers are the ones without word balloons or text. This Voodoo #3 cover is a great example. Bold title (Farrell used really cool fonts) with a striking illustration and no text. None is necessary!

But I still do like the Farrell covers with word balloons... whoever came up with them had a macabre sense of humor.

POV, I absolutely love that cover... That's one of my favorites by Farrell and one that I want to add to my collection soon. Yours looks like a real high quality copy!

Thanks Paull - actually it IS a danged hi grade copy. Not sure how high CGC grade but a VF/NM at least.