• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2022 at 6:33 PM, Jaydogrules said:

The 7.5 just finished on c-link for just over $19k.  :whatthe:

-J.

Not surprised. This book is set to be the next marvel key to blow up in value. 

still pissed at myself for not picking up an 8.0 for 14k last year 

from everything I’m reading Dr Strange is the central character and common denominator in many future marvel projects 

On 3/23/2022 at 3:04 PM, rabidwolf said:

from everything I’m reading Dr Strange is the central character and common denominator in many future marvel projects 

It's funny how sometimes casting can drive things.  Before Robert Downey Jr., Iron Man was a second-tier Marvel hero at best.  Benedict Cumberbatch is a fantastic actor to build the next phase around -- I wonder how much of this was pre-negotiated before his first film.  Plus of course Doctor Strange is central to the whole multiverse concept that Marvel has made so central to the MCU -- though I suppose if the character had flopped they could have tried to pull it off with just Wanda.

On 3/23/2022 at 12:11 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

It's funny how sometimes casting can drive things.  Before Robert Downey Jr., Iron Man was a second-tier Marvel hero at best.  Benedict Cumberbatch is a fantastic actor to build the next phase around -- I wonder how much of this was pre-negotiated before his first film.  Plus of course Doctor Strange is central to the whole multiverse concept that Marvel has made so central to the MCU -- though I suppose if the character had flopped they could have tried to pull it off with just Wanda.

I was thinking of getting a second copy for just this reason. Unfortunately, too many other books I want. 

On 3/23/2022 at 12:04 PM, rabidwolf said:

The only issue that holds this book back compared to other Marvel keys is the cover unfortunately.

On 3/24/2022 at 3:56 PM, GBrooke said:

image.png.ca1163de036ff13590d776d4776212fe.pngPitching in to the Strange ales 110 club! A hard book in high grade, with a major character launch hidden. Strange Tales indeed. Bought this from Comiclink 20 years ago. 

This is an amazing copy.  Any chance we can see a better pic? (I know it's hard to take good pics of slabs)

Congrats to all club members owning a copy.  As for me, I was not a fan of the book then, still not a fan now.  Just can't stand looking at ole Paste Pot Pete on the cover everyday without Dr. Strange on it.  For the record, I used to own a 9.6 copy that I sold several years ago as a flip.

On 4/15/2022 at 8:46 AM, Wolverinex said:

Strange Tales 110 continues to sell pretty high on eBay the last week

Dr. Strange will certainly be the anchor character to connect the Marvel Cinematic Universe together thru ~ 2032, much the way Iron Man handled that role from 2008 thru 2019.  The Illimunati (Strange, Xavier, Richards et al.) will be a big part of it all, with the FF and X-Men layered in to the next 25 or so MCU films until the big finale Secret Wars film where they bring it all together and bring back the Avengers (2031/32?).  At least, that's where I think this is all headed.  So, yeah, ST 110 should remain a strong seller this decade.

Edited by zosocane

On 6/27/2022 at 8:05 PM, Drummy said:

Very nice!  You can tell the colors are deep when the Wizard's dark green outfit disappears into the black background. (thumbsu  

Dan

And that lower right black corner ALWAYS shows a crease or two, so you avoided that which is good.