• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I wanna start chasing Marvel 2nd prints...
5 5

333 posts in this topic

Okay, this thread has inspired me to go ahead and great a gallery over at the STL galleries for these later Copper printings. I put the print number, year published and the color difference for easy reference. Let me know of any corrections. There are several missing because I just didn't know how to identify the different prints or they looked the same to me (Nam #1). If you have one to add either post it here or pm me the scan and I'll add it right away. Here is the linky- http://stlcomics.com/cover_gallery/categories.php?cat_id=544

BTW, in case anybody is interested here are the links to...

Shan-Lons- http://stlcomics.com/gallery/shan-lon_reprints/

So Much Funs- http://www.stlcomics.com/gallery/somuchfun/

Marvel Vintage Packs 1992-1994 http://www.stlcomics.com/gallery/jcpenney_stridex/

X-Men Pressmans- http://stlcomics.com/gallery/pressman/

I had two complete sets of the Marvel Vintage Packs at one point. I know it's bronze, but does anybody have the Hulk #140? If so, does it have a double cover? I know one of mine did...but I sold it. I can't remember if the other copy did as well.

Should the Pressman's be on this list?

I notice slabbed copies don't note them as 2nd print, but instead refer to them as "Gold Edition".

Actually, CGC labels the X-Men #11 Pressman as a 2nd print although all the others are lableled Gold Editions. They are special cases to be sure as they are really more of a promo.

I want a list of Marvel 2nd prints that have either Gold or Silver Covers and came out before Gold and Silver Covers meant variants (so basically 1994 or earlier).

That's pretty much where I'm at, but would extend the date to roughly 1996 (the Onslaught event that provides a nice break as it restarted the numbering of just about every Marvel title).

ive been waiting for years for amaz spidey#265 second print in cgc 9.8 because thats one of only a couple from amaz #195-441 that i do not have in 9.8 but i just never see it and last time i looked there were no 9.8s on the census. maybe one day

The list for volume 1 hulks is:

115 marvel legend

140 JCpenny

314 marvel legend

333 JCpenny

335 SMF

340 dollar general

377 2nd and 3rd

393 2nd

400 2nd

The list for volume 1 hulks is:

115 marvel legend

140 JCpenny

314 marvel legend

333 JCpenny

335 SMF

340 dollar general

377 2nd and 3rd

393 2nd

400 2nd

No 181 in the 90's?

Not any in english that i know of, unless you count marvel milestone or wizard ACE. Theres a mini comic, but i dont count that either.

I guess i should have said MY list, not THE list :blush:

Edited by Green

I just found 8 of the 2nd and 3rd print variants in the bargain bin or my LCS so those along with the few I have gets to me to about 25% of the set according to the issues I have in the gallery. Since I already have about a dozen different variant sets finished-I figured this one should be doable on the cheap.

If, during your quest, you find a 2nd print of (Marvel's) GI Joe #21 you get ahold of me for some serious offers!

To my knowledge it is the only GI Joe book I do not own and I have been looking for it for a decade! I'm starting to think this only exists in the land of unicorns!!! 1st and 3rd prints are common; 2nd print apparently non-existent.

(my OCD is going to drive me to the crazy house!!! :insane: )

If, during your quest, you find a 2nd print of (Marvel's) GI Joe #21 you get ahold of me for some serious offers!

To my knowledge it is the only GI Joe book I do not own and I have been looking for it for a decade! I'm starting to think this only exists in the land of unicorns!!! 1st and 3rd prints are common; 2nd print apparently non-existent.

G.I. Joe #21 second printing does not exist. Only 1st and 3rd.

(In other words, all the third printings would technically be second prints. But since they all say "Third Printing" on the 1st page, that's how they are labeled.)

G.I. Joe #21 second printing does not exist. Only 1st and 3rd.

(In other words, all the third printings would technically be second prints. But since they all say "Third Printing" on the 1st page, that's how they are labeled.)

correct no 2nd printing. But if you have enough OCD and money, you can get all the Newsstand, Direct, and Canadian Price Variants if you don't already have them. If you do, then KUDOS to you!

I found a G I Joe #2 Canadian Variant.

Aside from that, second print G I Joes are hard

The 75 cent cover is the second print, not a Canadian variant.

In what way are second print G.I. Joes hard? They are everywhere. There are still tons of the multi-paks out in the wild that were kept in amazing condition.