• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I wanna start chasing Marvel 2nd prints...
5 5

333 posts in this topic

Amazing Spider-Man 365 does have a 2nd print :preach:

Got a pic? I've never seen one before.

Not to mention CGC doesn't have a listing for it in the census, and Mile High and My Comic Shop also don't have any listings for it. hm

Yep, I am thinking of bidding, but that yahoo will prolly just throw it into an envelope and send it on its way.

Gold 365

I also saw a listing for a NM #1 3rd printing. Never new that book had a later printing. There was no 2nd print listed making me believe the 3rd print is some kind of promo/toy insert/multi-pack book. They are out of stock though.

Not to mention CGC doesn't have a listing for it in the census, and Mile High and My Comic Shop also don't have any listings for it. hm

Yep, I am thinking of bidding, but that yahoo will prolly just throw it into an envelope and send it on its way.

Gold 365

Unless that is a trick of the light. Odd that even Overstreet doesn't list a 2nd print gold for this book. That book stood out from the other 200 copies on ebay right when I saw it. Truth be told, I don't think I've ever seen one either. Like I said, it looks pretty gold to me but maybe the camera's white light balance is tweaked.

Gold 365

Unless that is a trick of the light. Odd that even Overstreet doesn't list a 2nd print gold for this book. That book stood out from the other 200 copies on ebay right when I saw it. Truth be told, I don't think I've ever seen one either. Like I said, it looks pretty gold to me but maybe the camera's white light balance is tweaked.

It's just the angle of the camera, and the reflection. When I look at the pictures I see a silver hologram. There were no reprints made of ASM 365 or Spiderman 26 made. The print runs of those series were enough to supply the demand for them. Spectacular 189 and Web of spiderman 90 had lower print runs and they went out of stock so they printed more.

By all means tho, buy it if you want to be sure (shrug)

Gold 365

Seeing as how he only charges $2.00 for shipping, you'd be lucky to get it shipped in an envelope. :insane:

And he doesn't list it as a second print. It is just the lighting that makes the silver webbing and title appear to be gold. It would be the hologram that was gold if it was a second print.

That's what I thought. I emailed him to ask what color the holo/lettering is. He responded and told me he'd let me know later on when he gets home. On a sidenote, went to a monthly comic flea market thing here in town where 2 guys are selling off thousands of comics for $1 a piece. Found a Web Of Spider-Man gold holo.

Also found a GI Joe comic 2nd print. I know some of these are mythical in which a 3rd print was done, but not a 2nd. It is #11 2nd print. Also a 29 3rd print. Don't know much about these later printings for GI JOe though.

Late copper/early modern - Web of Spider-Man 118 had a second printing

66941.jpg

That a book that came with an action figure?

I'm not sure. It's from 2001, but other than that I'm at a loss

The first print would have come out about 9 years earlier, so chances are that printing was related to something like a toy or promo.

66941.jpg

Just before marvel legends toy line, there were 2 waves of "spiderman classics". This one came with a scarlet spider figure in the second wave.

My latest pickup. My brother got this in a collection, and he knows I love Copper 2nd prints so he earmarked it for me (sometimes it helps to collect something that is practically worthless!).

GR05-2nd.jpg

I know this isn't a Marvel 2nd print, but does anyone know how scarce the 2nd printing of Batman: Vengence of Bane Special is? I've also never run across a third printing of the book, though they are supposed to exist.

I've seen and have a scan of the third. My brother got one in a collection several months ago. I'll dig it up.

If we're doing non-Marvel books I also got a 2nd print of Next Men #1 yesterday. Didn't know it was reprinted, or had forgotten.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-1963-1st-Series-365-VF-7-5-/310699680346?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item485724e25a (shrug)

I know this isn't a Marvel 2nd print, but does anyone know how scarce the 2nd printing of Batman: Vengence of Bane Special is? I've also never run across a third printing of the book, though they are supposed to exist.

Found the scan:

VengeanceBane3rd.jpg

66941.jpg

The first print would have come out about 9 years earlier, so chances are that printing was related to something like a toy or promo.

969a5a44-b4d9-490f-99a1-3b10754278d2.jpg

66941.jpg

969a5a44-b4d9-490f-99a1-3b10754278d2.jpg

Thanks! (thumbs u

My latest pickup. My brother got this in a collection, and he knows I love Copper 2nd prints so he earmarked it for me (sometimes it helps to collect something that is practically worthless!).

GR05-2nd.jpg

:applause:

I'm trying to get a MINTY fresh one myself. It's difficult become people don't know how to grade.