• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walking Dead #1 Black Label vs White Label - an Answer! UPDATED 2/4/14
2 2

304 posts in this topic

Mine:

wd1ss98.jpg

Cert # 0771876018 CGC SS 9.8

:)

Looks nice in a yellow label!

Thanks!

Yes, it hangs in a special place in our home :cloud9:

frame2.jpg

:headbang:

Nice indeed. AND he has had it for a while. Makes me wonder if there is a ten out there. I'm guessing not.

That would be awesome, but I hope not lol Even with selling my 9.9, I don't think I'd make a dent in a #1 10.0 :ohnoez:

That sucks...just dont sell it now during the lull.

I can't even imagine what a 10 would pull. 20k at least, right? Sell it at the right and the right venue, probably 40-50k?

40K at least. I also don't think it would hurt the value of the 9.9's too much. Maybe a thousand or so. This book is a freak of nature.

That sucks...just dont sell it now during the lull.

I can't even imagine what a 10 would pull. 20k at least, right? Sell it at the right and the right venue, probably 40-50k?

40K at least. I also don't think it would hurt the value of the 9.9's too much. Maybe a thousand or so. This book is a freak of nature.

yes it is.....

I have had a few raw but for slabs

9.8 1060469001 white

9.2 1170440001 white

the raws I have had were all white. There is no doubt in my mine the black is rarer, I just don't think anyone cares. If CGC had put it on the label, they I think it would make a difference.

James G

Thanks for sharing James. I think it might matter to some people, and I would agree that the black seems rarer, but it would be nice to have some statistical data to support that belief. It also interests me to know what the ratio looks like.

let me got a step further, I don't think people care enough to pay a premium for the black label. If a white is 2500 I don't think you can get 3000 for a black. I think a person in the know would buy a black at 2500 if given the option.

James G

let me got a step further, I don't think people care enough to pay a premium for the black label. If a white is 2500 I don't think you can get 3000 for a black. I think a person in the know would buy a black at 2500 if given the option.

James G

While I will agree that I do not think there is a $500 premium on the black label, I do not have the data to support either hypothesis. Anecdotally, at least here on the boards, black labels command some type of premium but I cannot quantify it.