• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Montreal Comicon Sept 2013

82 posts in this topic

I know the booth I helped out at was crazy busy most of the weekend. I also made a couple nice purchases and those dealers commented that their booths were now covered and that was Sunday.

I found the staff to be above average which is really saying something because I do not speak French and had zero issues with getting questions answered. They were very helpful and I even got directions to an art store for sketchbooks. It took me through the red light district which was eventful but I got there.

It was a little slow on Friday, packed as usual on Saturday and quite packed on Sunday which surprised me and hurt my buying. Good for the dealers though.

The biggest complaint I have isn't really about my experience but for all the artists in the last row. This should have been planned better. They were listed on the site as the VIP guests but were seated across the aisle from the back to the future car, ecto-1 etc..... The problem is that all those booths had continuous, loud and repetitive music. Poor. Fabry listening to the Back to the Future soundtrack all weekend. Bad planning.

The venue for this event is awesome. Seemed large enough and is part of a larger complex with a convenience store and various restaurants downstairs. Much better than con food in every way. The Westin is located right across the street which is also nice.

All in all a nice con. I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't still feeling the effects of Fanexpo.

My longest post ever. Back to emoticons. lol

So, how was the show, guys? Sales-wise, attendance, interesting stuff?

It was packed.

Not much of a show for buying though...other than Harley there was very little in the way of wall books. I mean 3 copies of Hulk #181 in the whole show and Harley had two of them...kinda sad.

It was worth my while digging through every single box in the place, I mean who has multiple copies of MOS #17, 18 and #19 in their $2.00 bins...needless to say they don't anymore. :devil:

This Comic Detective guy based out of Ottawa was a nice guy who I dealt with for the first time.

Honestly Andy I think it would be worth your while setting up next year. You have the inventory, and the show has the traffic. Saturday was probably the same capita per square foot as is a WW Chicago or Fan Expo.

Jim

It was packed.

Not much of a show for buying though...other than Harley there was very little in the way of wall books. I mean 3 copies of Hulk #181 in the whole show and Harley had two of them...kinda sad.

It was worth my while digging through every single box in the place, I mean who has multiple copies of MOS #17, 18 and #19 in their $2.00 bins...needless to say they don't anymore. :devil:

This Comic Detective guy based out of Ottawa was a nice guy who I dealt with for the first time.

Honestly Andy I think it would be worth your while setting up next year. You have the inventory, and the show has the traffic. Saturday was probably the same capita per square foot as is a WW Chicago or Fan Expo.

Jim

Was nearly a last minute addition, then quickly became a last minute can't go.

I'll inquire about next year. (thumbs u

next stop....Hamilton Comic Con. :whee:

"MOS?" Sorry. Tired.

Comic Detective is a buddy of mine. He probably has one of the better selections of back issues you'll find east of Toronto.

"MOS?" Sorry. Tired.

Comic Detective is a buddy of mine. He probably has one of the better selections of back issues you'll find east of Toronto.

Man of Steel...the Doomsday issues.

Jim

"MOS?" Sorry. Tired.

Jim

Yeah, it dawned on me while I was out walking. lol

Did you buy them from the $3/$2 comics booth?

"MOS?" Sorry. Tired.

Jim

Yeah, it dawned on me while I was out walking. lol

Did you buy them from the $3/$2 comics booth?

Actually not...the guy in the middle, with the DJ and a million half off trades. In the middle of the booth was 10-12 long boxes and I went to town.

Jim

I have never been able to get into bin diving.

I didn't start until a couple years ago...it's become my favourite part of the show, it's like hunting.

Don't get me wrong but in Chicago, I got just as much satisfaction buying a BA #12 off the dealers wall, that I bought for $225 that I immediately sent in to get graded (it came back a 9.8) as I did finding a Preacher #1 in the dollar bin. Hell I'm there for four or five days, better to make use of my time. :thumbsup:

Jim