• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Chart showing The Top Conventions in North America?

43 posts in this topic

That there are too many shows west of the Mississippi when there should be more along the East Coast?

What about Philly? I thought that was a pretty big show.

Maybe Wizard declined releasing attendance numbers?

That would make sense.

You cannot tell me that not a single WW Con drew less than 17,000

That would make sense.

I know for a fact it was over 35,000 in Philly & that is being modest.

Also in that chart lists Anime Conventions to

That would make sense.

They dont want to be branded a Comic-Con any more. I went to the last Atlanta one in 2010 and comic talent was in the back with small tables, while the "pop-culture" talent (wrestlers, TV actors, B-listers, etc) were in the front and on the side with bigger space and more visibility.

Compared to any of the cons listed they are far less focused on Comic books (or drawing comicbook fans) than any of those listed cons.

That would make sense.

They dont want to be branded a Comic-Con any more. I went to the last Atlanta one in 2010 and comic talent was in the back with small tables, while the "pop-culture" talent (wrestlers, TV actors, B-listers, etc) were in the front and on the side with bigger space and more visibility.

Compared to any of the cons listed they are far less focused on Comic books (or drawing comicbook fans) than any of those listed cons.

The point I want to make is that there are Anime Conventions on that chart (NOT Comic Cons) Wizard should fall into that category whether they are a Comic Con or Not

That would make sense.

I know for a fact it was over 35,000 in Philly & that is being modest.

Also in that chart lists Anime Conventions to

Anime = Manga = Comic books.

Much closer ties to comic book culture than Rowdy Roddy Piper.

And from the Anime con reports I've heard and read, it appears that those (formerly exclusively Anime) cons are expanding their scope to bring in more Comic book fans & talent, as opposed to downplaying it, pushing it back and distancing itself from Comic books.

That would make sense.

The point I want to make is that there are Anime Conventions on that chart (NOT Comic Cons) Wizard should fall into that category whether they are a Comic Con or Not

you can only quote the data available or given, if Wizard declined (or doesnt release attendance data) what were they supposed to do, make up numbers so Wizard was included?

My initial google searches dont show any released attendance data from Wizard from last year... so how are they supposed to include them?

How many people attend the Baltimore Comic Con?

wiki says 15k+ which would be just under the list. but who knows, its been growing.

Those reports are conflicting, I was at Baltimore, It had to be more than 15,000

Even Motor City Comic Con had over 20,000. I heard reports on Dallas Comic Con (same weekend as MCCC) had over 20,000

How many people attend the Baltimore Comic Con?

wiki says 15k+ which would be just under the list. but who knows, its been growing.

Too bad its not a three day show.

Too bad it isn't

Stan Lee's Comickaze might gain some traction as should the "Amazing" Comic Cons, like Arizona, and Vegas. Jay Company is organizing those and they're looking pretty stellar. This year At Amazing AZ Comic Con is Robert Kirkman!!

That is if doesn't cancel, like Stan Lee did this year..