• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sheffield artist uses comics worth £20k for artwork

48 posts in this topic

WTF is a £??

lol

I can see it now, the next craze will be artists constructing statues like this out of specific comics only. Like a statue of The Thing made out of only Fantastic Four comics or of Batman or Spiderman out of their own books.

Yup, you just wait and see....

its coming down the pike...

yea.... uh huh.....

:popcorn:

I meet people all the time who think their collections are worth millions, and who have to be let down slowly to better understand what they're collection is actually worth.

If he did actually use anything of value, he should of ordered from thehouseofcomics.com where he would have received reprints.

From blowing up the picture of his piece of "art" I don't see anything of value, especially a single book worth $10,000 +.

I am calling BS on the whole thing, just another news story full of BS.

He saw an alleged Avengers 1 cover in there, so that's 10k right there. :eyeroll:

Nevermind that it could have been just the cover or incomplete or restored or a reprint....it's 10k. Not a quid less, not a quid more. Valuations in articles like these are always suspect.

People make staues out of precious metals.

:whistles:

-slym

Statues look nice. This looks like a 2nd grade craft project.