• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How often does PGX fail to detect resto?

149 posts in this topic

Thanx usarmypapratrooper and ur right, but sometimes, I go with pgx and other times with cgc, I only send books to pgx cuz their quicker and cheaper, that doesn't mean I'm a " PGX supporter" to me I buy the book NOT the company, and for the record, I buy cgc and submit PGX, and that's rarely the case. I only tried it out last week cuz I make my own opinion and don't blindly follow whatever other ppl say

Thanx usarmypapratrooper and ur right, but sometimes, I go with pgx and other times with cgc, I only send books to pgx cuz their quicker and cheaper, that doesn't mean I'm a " PGX supporter" to me I buy the book NOT the company, and for the record, I buy cgc and submit PGX, and that's rarely the case. I only tried it out last week cuz I make my own opinion and don't blindly follow whatever other ppl say

I don't support criminals,period! Oh,by the way it's "you're" and "your" :makepoint:

Oakman-Who hates abbreviated typing. (tsk)

lol Yeah man, don't follow the herd!

I already said I'm not a pgx supporter, just as I'm not a cgc supporter, I just use their services and products. Rest assured Ik all about both companies and I have done research about both

If you give them MONEY you are SUPPORTING them doh! . I guess there is no help for you...you will get burnt and you will complain but I guess you won't learn until then.

I already said I'm not a pgx supporter, just as I'm not a cgc supporter, I just use their services and products. Rest assured Ik all about both companies and I have done research about both

So, what problems do you know about PGX?

If you give them MONEY you are SUPPORTING them doh! . I guess there is no help for you...you will get burnt and you will complain but I guess you won't learn until then.

Give 'im a break. We all learn by mistakes - I should know!

Give 'im a break. We all learn by mistakes - I should know!

Oh I know...can only warn someone so many times.

@comicfollower101 when you buy your next key (silver age thread)

Make sure to get them in the PGX slab from djbrady4u that way you know it is high quality!

:jokealert:

So, what problems do you know about PGX?

hmloldoh!:facepalm:

They have "questionable" tactics at grading, they are not the best at restoration and cgc pretty much ignores their existence. Also, it is absolutely none of ur business iceman399 if I give Mony to PGX or cgc or to however. We all have our opinions and preferred ways to collect and enjoy books, if u don't use pgx, sure that's ur choice and I have no say whatsoever In ur choice. So kindly do not pretend to "foresee" my future with pgx and cgc, it's my choice

They have "questionable" tactics at grading, they are not the best at restoration and cgc pretty much ignores their existence. Also, it is absolutely none of ur business iceman399 if I give Mony to PGX or cgc or to however. We all have our opinions and preferred ways to collect and enjoy books, if u don't use pgx, sure that's ur choice and I have no say whatsoever In ur choice. So kindly do not pretend to "foresee" my future with pgx and cgc, it's my choice

Sorry duder, if you talk about it here, it's our business. That's what a message board is for.

Second, it sounds like there's some serious PGX nefariousness you don't know about.

Also, it is absolutely none of ur business iceman399 if I give Mony to PGX or cgc or to however.

It was none of his business until you posted it on a message board.

Oh this has been done to death.

PGX = buyer beware.

I am much more interested in Cals post tbh.

There have been occasions where a really nice book in a PGX holder has gone for 50% of GPA and have always wondered about the hit/miss ratio regarding resto.

From Cals post, he seems to put it at a 10% fail rate.

10% fail vs 50% discount.

Interesting.

Don't think I'd try on a AF #15 but for a FF#52 maybe?

Can peeps take the CGC blinkers off for a sec (btw I have never dealt with PGX and have never bought a PGX book) and tell us if they have bought a cheap PGX book that turned out to be the real deal upon submission to CGC - which is what I would do.

I have no interest in PGX books in my collection, but would be interested to know the success/fail rates from people who have actually done it, rather than the usual CGC tub-thumpers.

And Yes, I totally agree Ryan Elliot is a spoon.

it's my choice

I'll have to concur, a woman's body is her property, to do with as she wishes. Comicfollower can do what she wants to. She shouldn't have to concede to the man's views. :wink: