• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How often does PGX fail to detect resto?

149 posts in this topic

Oh this has been done to death.

PGX = buyer beware.

I am much more interested in Cals post tbh.

There have been occasions where a really nice book in a PGX holder has gone for 50% of GPA and have always wondered about the hit/miss ratio regarding resto.

From Cals post, he seems to put it at a 10% fail rate.

10% fail vs 50% discount.

Interesting.

Don't think I'd try on a AF #15 but for a FF#52 maybe?

Can peeps take the CGC blinkers off for a sec (btw I have never dealt with PGX and have never bought a PGX book) and tell us if they have bought a cheap PGX book that turned out to be the real deal upon submission to CGC - which is what I would do.

I have no interest in PGX books in my collection, but would be interested to know the success/fail rates from people who have actually done it, rather than the usual CGC tub-thumpers.

And Yes, I totally agree Ryan Elliot is a spoon.

I haven't bought a PGX and likely wouldn't without the intent to crack and sub...which would be a long shot. I do like a gamble but don't think its one I would win.

Also, it is absolutely none of ur business iceman399 if I give Mony to PGX or cgc or to however.

It was none of his business until you posted it on a message board.

Is it secretly Friday and nobody told me? hm

What ever, I am just saying my opinion, and yes u are right, for super grail books PGX is not an option, I use PGX for lower grade and books that maybe have sentimental value, or just amazing covers that I do not want to spend the extra Money on it to be CGC

BOOM!!! Discussion, thy end has come!!!

If you want to support a criminal that's your choice,but don't come on a public message board and talk about it.Stating that it's no ones business,you made it our business.You have alot of balls to come on a CGC sponsored message board touting PGX's short comings.

Also, it is absolutely none of ur business iceman399 if I give Mony to PGX or cgc or to however.

It was none of his business until you posted it on a message board.

Is it secretly Friday and nobody told me? hm

Ya there was also quite the :slapfight: in WC about the Zim trial.

It's late and you nerds and geeks need to rest up. Go to bed. Err..where's Lizzie?

Waiting for you upstairs.

-slym

nope, fail. I'm upstairs and he's not here.

Wednesday is the new Friday.

-slym

You have my permission to make Wednesday the new Friday.

Not so fast buddy boy.....Wednesday is Sunday at Carvel. Don't be scrambling the facts....or no fudgie the whale for you!

It's late and you nerds and geeks need to rest up. Go to bed. Err..where's Lizzie?

nope, fail. I'm upstairs and he's not here.

You missed him, he was just there.

-slym

:whatthe: are you the new MJ?

While I am no ginger - yes, I am the new MJ.

*feels boobs*

-slym