• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - SHOWCASE #22 Please and Thanks

24 posts in this topic

Hello to all you fine & fair grading boardies out there :hi: I have not posted a book here prior to this so any constructive criticism is always welcome with open arms!!

As you can see I have a Showcase #22 that I just picked up here on the boards (thumbs u I already know it is a brain buster trying to grade Super Low books but here is a shot anyways lol

This book is SUPPLE. Pages are Tanner than other SA books I own. Multiple small tears. Most importantly however, there are 5 EXTRA staples holding the front and back cover to the book securely. The spine is pretty much split the entire length of the book. The original stapes ARE still in place. My understanding as it stands now is that this issue would NOT constitute RESTO but simply be included in the graders notes as extra staples. PLEASE PLEASE let me know if my understanding is off base here. This book came with the original Metropolis sticker. :idea: Anyone care to venture a guess as to what their grade was and what you think it would grade at?!! hm Thanks dudes and dudets!!!

Scan2.jpg

Scan3.jpg

1.5/1.8?

The staples make it hard to judge. (I don't think it's resto though.)

I'd have trouble going over Good- anyway just because of the general beat up condition of the book.

EDIT: Metro 2.0?

The book would be a 2.0 if the spine weren't entirely split and didn't have the added staples. Technically I'd call it a 1.0, but in the sub 2.0 grades the actual grade is probably less important than the particulars and eye appeal. So there might be a technical 1.5 that is less appealing.

Thank you all SOOOOOOO much for your well informed inputs!!!!! You guys were all super duper right on and thats awesome!!! Give yourself a :applause: Anyways Metro had it at a 1.8

IMG_4467.jpg

I personally think it looks pretty nice for being such a Low grade. My thoughts to be honest were either a 1.0-1.5. If It could squeeze out a 1.8 I would be extremely happy. So hard to tell. The spine is pretty gnarly which is not exactly as noticeable in the photos lol Thanks again, IMHO it cleans up pretty well in the 2mil mylar fullback combo so I am pretty excited either way!!! Take care, Gino

IMG_4466.jpg

Thanks guys and lol I will trade you straight up for your Showcase #4!!!!!!!!

Wait........nevermind that would be you donating to me (::roflmao::banana:

To be honest not sure but at this point I plan on keeping it in what I got it in but it may just get slabbed just for the sake of curiosity at this point. Plus it would look neat-O on my Wall-O-Slabs!!!!!

I hear ya bro!!! Hopefully sooner than later!!!! I had a pretty sweet X-Men #1 3.0 that I parted with not too long ago here on the boards to fund a GA Cap #3 chase but lost miserably lol I will get one back eventually fo sho. A nice looking for the grade Hulk #1 CGC 1.5 with a detached cover sold on eBay tonight for $2550.00.!! Hope you were the winner bc it wasnt me :wishluck:

Sounds like you got a great deal!

That was the 2nd recorded sale of a 1.5 at $2,500 in GPA. Well one was already in GPA, this will make the 2nd.

After shipping both ways, insurance and CGC fees - you still would have some room there. Provided they agreed on the grade - maybe it's higher!

Care to provide some images? I love that book!

I hear ya bro!!! Hopefully sooner than later!!!! I had a pretty sweet X-Men #1 3.0 that I parted with not too long ago here on the boards to fund a GA Cap #3 chase but lost miserably lol I will get one back eventually fo sho. A nice looking for the grade Hulk #1 CGC 1.5 with a detached cover sold on eBay tonight for $2550.00.!! Hope you were the winner bc it wasnt me :wishluck:

Are you kidding me? A 1.5 with a detached cover for 2550.00! :o WOW!