• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,941 posts in this topic

That is an awful lot for a non-hero Marvel, but it’s the only 9.2 in the census and it’s the highest graded copy.  The next highest is a 8.5.  Maybe the seller should list it as a Fin Fang Foom prototype?  Ha. Ha.

On 12/21/2021 at 8:07 AM, bc said:

On 12/21/2021 at 11:56 AM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

That is an awful lot for a non-hero Marvel, but it’s the only 9.2 in the census and it’s the highest graded copy.  The next highest is a 8.5.  Maybe the seller should list it as a Fin Fang Foom prototype?  Ha. Ha.

Same situation with this one: only 9.2 and next one is an 8.5

AA_3.jpg.f7d647c52a6e58e45a44a1a732e4d451.jpg

That's why I'm hoping he gets his asking price :devil:

-bc

On 12/23/2021 at 9:28 AM, FoggyNelson said:

U have nice books👍‼️😷

Thank you so much! I've been working on this area for several years now and have had the fortune of finding some nice copies. They have steadily been going up in price, which pushes most of the books in the 9.something grades out of my comfortable price range. Compared to the hero books, these are absolute BARGAINS, in my opinion anyway. (thumbsu

On 12/24/2021 at 9:08 AM, Frisco Larson said:

Thank you so much! I've been working on this area for several years now and have had the fortune of finding some nice copies. They have steadily been going up in price, which pushes most of the books in the 9.something grades out of my comfortable price range. Compared to the hero books, these are absolute BARGAINS, in my opinion anyway. (thumbsu

Did you see how much the JIM 51 (6.0) and JIM 53 (7.0) went for in the recent CC auction? They both went for more than $3k each. That’s starting to trickle into the hero book price range. I hope prices can remain low enough, at least until I finish my runs.

On 12/24/2021 at 8:38 AM, Mucheee1 said:

Did you see how much the JIM 51 (6.0) and JIM 53 (7.0) went for in the recent CC auction? They both went for more than $3k each. That’s starting to trickle into the hero book price range. I hope prices can remain low enough, at least until I finish my runs.

I actually didn't see those books. I didn't look at their auction at all in fact, basically because I hate the bidding structure. If there's something I REALLY want, I'll put up with it, but the 3-minute window thing loses me as a casual bidder. It's just too annoying and frustrating ... and based on those prices, it would appear that I'm not missing any great deals. I hope we can both finish off our sets before things get too out of hand! (thumbsu

On 12/24/2021 at 9:52 AM, Frisco Larson said:

I actually didn't see those books. I didn't look at their auction at all in fact, basically because I hate the bidding structure. If there's something I REALLY want, I'll put up with it, but the 3-minute window thing loses me as a casual bidder. It's just too annoying and frustrating ... and based on those prices, it would appear that I'm not missing any great deals. I hope we can both finish off our sets before things get too out of hand! (thumbsu

Yeah, that was the first CC auction I have ever bid in, and the whole 3 minute reset thing makes it very stressful. I did win some books I needed though. I also remembered that Dale Roberts had a copy of JIM 53 for sale, and it was a lot cheaper than $3k, so I bought it after the auction. I still need 82 more books to finish my runs of ST, JIM, TOS, and TTA, and it’s getting harder to find the books at what I consider a reasonable price.

On 12/24/2021 at 9:00 AM, Mucheee1 said:

Yeah, that was the first CC auction I have ever bid in, and the whole 3 minute reset thing makes it very stressful. I did win some books I needed though. I also remembered that Dale Roberts had a copy of JIM 53 for sale, and it was a lot cheaper than $3k, so I bought it after the auction. I still need 82 more books to finish my runs of ST, JIM, TOS, and TTA, and it’s getting harder to find the books at what I consider a reasonable price.

Well, it sure is cool that you were able to win some your first-time bidding with them! While prices rise, I find that if you aren't married to a particular grade, say 8.0 and up, that I can still find copies frequently enough to spend my loot. That last 10 will probably be brutal though. 

On 12/24/2021 at 10:07 AM, Frisco Larson said:

Well, it sure is cool that you were able to win some your first-time bidding with them! While prices rise, I find that if you aren't married to a particular grade, say 8.0 and up, that I can still find copies frequently enough to spend my loot. That last 10 will probably be brutal though. 

I still need quite a few high dollar books. Getting a JIM 1 in a grade and price I can live with is going to be a challenge. Some early JIM and ST books just never come up for sale, period. I also need a TOS 39, and that book gets pricier by the day.