• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,941 posts in this topic

On 1/15/2022 at 5:39 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I sure am glad I stick to 7.0!

Not my usual range...I knew my max wouldn't hold - figured it was a Saturday afternoon auction, be less people and maybe it would slip between the cracks. 

Foiled again! But still fun to watch.

-bc

On 1/15/2022 at 2:34 PM, bc said:

Well, got blown out of the water trying for the ST 85 (White Mountain) copy in 9.2 during the HA auction today.

Silver Age (1956-1969):Science Fiction, Strange Tales #85 White Mountain Pedigree (Atlas, 1961) CGC NM- 9.2 White pages....

Hammered for $3,840 with the BP.

Congrats to the new owner!

-bc

Maybe I'm crazy, but with prices I have seen on these lately that seems damn near reasonable for a 9.2 White Mountain with a black cover.

On 1/16/2022 at 11:49 AM, mysterio said:

Maybe I'm crazy, but with prices I have seen on these lately that seems damn near reasonable for a 9.2 White Mountain with a black cover.

Agree. Both ST & JIM have a strong/dedicated collector base. Like I said, was hoping it would slip thru the cracks.

Heritage had a TTA13 in 7.0 go for a little over 7K in that same auction. Good sign of a healthy market.

Noticed a pretty large assortment of mid-grade PHMs in the Clink auction, will be watching that as well.

-bc