• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

14,941 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2022 at 8:51 AM, Frisco Larson said:

I personally wouldn't reach out. I'd learn from the experience and move on. I believe contacting them about it will only lead to further frustration for you and the end result is that they'll point to their disclaimer. It's been almost 2 years since you bought the comic, you paid someone to perform an appearance altering procedure to the comic and have it certified, so you've put further money into the comic. What would/could you possibly expect them to do for you to make you feel ... whole? It would benefit you to ask yourself that question BEFORE contacting them, if you do, so if by chance they ask what you want them to do about it, you'd have some idea what would satisfy you. Understand, my main reason for saying I'd "move on" is to minimize frustration, not to let someone "get away with something." 

Once I read their disclaimers I felt it would be a waste of time and energy to contact them. Given that I don't have an uber high grade the dollars involved are pretty minimal also. 

On 12/2/2022 at 10:18 AM, frozentundraguy said:

Once I read their disclaimers I felt it would be a waste of time and energy to contact them. Given that I don't have an uber high grade the dollars involved are pretty minimal also. 

(thumbsu Glad you're moving forward from it. It IS still a nice looking copy though and I'm sure you can years worth of enjoyment reading it! (thumbsu

On 12/2/2022 at 10:27 AM, frozentundraguy said:

Great set of recent acquisitions! TOS #24 is particularly good. :cloud9:

Thanks, but actually, I've had most of these for a while now. Our own @bc usually starts a monthly salute at the beginning of each month here in the PHM thread, but I had noticed that he hadn't yet, so I just got the ball rolling in case he was preoccupied. I actually DO look forward to seeing it at the beginning of each month!!! It's a big bunch of Monstery awesomeness that usually fills a few pages!!! I'm missing quite a few in my collection, so it's fun to see everyone else's copies!!! Tip of the hat to bc for starting the tradition!!!  (thumbsu

Edited by Frisco Larson

On 12/2/2022 at 10:29 AM, Frisco Larson said:

(thumbsu Glad you're moving forward from it. It IS still a nice looking copy though and I'm sure you can years worth of enjoyment reading it! (thumbsu

I have that covered. Instead of getting a reader copy, though I have some of those. I picked up the Masterworks volume & it covers the Groot issue to boot.

image.jpeg.51c33e1c70e36a32c1f4ab9f37177ce6.jpeg

On 12/2/2022 at 10:46 AM, frozentundraguy said:

I have that covered. Instead of getting a reader copy, though I have some of those. I picked up the Masterworks volume & it covers the Groot issue to boot.

image.jpeg.51c33e1c70e36a32c1f4ab9f37177ce6.jpeg

That's cool. I only have one Masterwork volume for that era and it's the one reprinting TOS #21-#31. 

On 12/2/2022 at 3:17 PM, bc said:

I've got the TTA 1-10 (bought it for airplane reading on a long flight), looks like I need to grab some more of them.

-bc

I have so many lower grade raw copies of the PHMs that I haven't pursued buying the Masterworks of that era. I have what I believe to be every Timely edition they've reprinted "so far" which is much more a necessity due to me having very few raw Timelys in my collection. I prefer the vintage paper texture and original coloring, but the Masterworks are awesome for, like you said, taking on a plane or sitting outside on a nice day.