• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM #28

20 posts in this topic

This is a great copy, considered how delicate the black covers are.

But there is tanning, so I would not go past 7.5 – personally I would pick it as a 6.5/7.0 as I don’t like tanning: generally the cover paper is more delicate when tan (although in some cases inside pages tend to be whiter, don’t know why!)

way too tan for me. I've seen golden age books that looked perfect not score above 6.0 because of tanning. Tanning is one of those special defects that regardless of book condition, factors into the overall grade. If this had a 7.0 with the old label I wouldn't be that surprised But I don't think now...but hey I could be wrong :-D

way too tan for me. I've seen golden age books that looked perfect not score above 6.0 because of tanning. Tanning is one of those special defects that regardless of book condition, factors into the overall grade. If this had a 7.0 with the old label I wouldn't be that surprised But I don't think now...but hey I could be wrong :-D
That book will not grade under 7.5, i can promise you that.

yeah I guess on third look it looks better than before. funny how gading is subjective depending on when you looka t it. No wonder people can resub!

I'd say 7.0 tops though... it appears to have a tear on the back cover.

yeah I guess on third look it looks better than before. funny how gading is subjective depending on when you looka t it. No wonder people can resub!

I'd say 7.0 tops though... it appears to have a tear on the back cover.

No tear.

Are you a betting man?

:popcorn:

Are you a betting man?

Yep, loser pays the grading fees.

Are you a betting man?

Yep, loser pays the grading fees.

Sounds good to me!! I'm ready to send it in - we'll do the express service tier!!

To be clear: I never grade thinking specifically of CGC standards: although I take what I know about it into account, I generally make an average between Overstreet and CGC, and what would satisfy me as a customer.

Said this, I would not buy a copy with much tanning as a VF or better, but on the other hand I would not give it less than 7.0 as the very nice black reveals the book has been well kept (on that specific cover, each minor crease shows, but this one is really nice). :)