• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - STRANGE TALES FEATURING: WARLOCK Issue 180 - GRADE NOW IN

19 posts in this topic

Would appreciate your feedback on this key (first appearance of Gamora - Guardians Of The Galaxy and daughter of Thanos) cosmic from Marvel.

I'm particularly interested in the marking/line on the cover; I'd heard this (printing?) mark is common on this particular issue (and I've seen it on other scans too). If so, does it have any impact on the grade?

Worth noting the other 3 up for submission don't have this mark.

9325695200_c3a8bcb0fe_b.jpg

Super hi-res here

9322900767_b0a7880900_b.jpg

Super hi-res here

At least the board grades were reasonably close on this book. The one I don't get is where people were coming up with only 6.0 on the Hulk Annual ( unless they were simultaneously sending PMs offering to buy it as such).

I agree; the crew is honest and help you find stuff you may have missed (and we look at our own books through rose tinted shades sometimes). I really appreciate the feedback and it has been invaluable in improving my grading skills. It also bears out my theory that if you get a good grade here, you can pretty much guarantee a great grade with CGC.

So far out of the books I've submitted that I've posted here only one book has come back on grade (more soon); all others have been under graded.

My first impression was 7.0 to 7.5. However if the mark or scratch on the cover is a printing defect then I would bump it to 8.0 to 8.5. So I was glad to see the consensus was along those lines and CGC thought even better! (thumbs u

I agree; the crew is honest and help you find stuff you may have missed (and we look at our own books through rose tinted shades sometimes). I really appreciate the feedback and it has been invaluable in improving my grading skills. It also bears out my theory that if you get a good grade here, you can pretty much guarantee a great grade with CGC.

So far out of the books I've submitted that I've posted here only one book has come back on grade (more soon); all others have been under graded.

I think you will find guys like etanick and ark will be much closer most of the time. Additionally we can only grade what is in front of us so if the books were pressed, many defects, dirt and what not will be removed.

Were they pressed?

Hilarious!! 3 books pretty well undergraded by the crew. That gives hope to us all. I want to start subbing directly to this forum. 9.8s would be like CGC 10.0s!! Congrats on all the grades

It's in CGC's interest and their customers interest to give the most positive but honest opinion about a book. I've found the boards here approach it from the opposite spectrum to try and "out do" each other with who can catch the most faults and give the lowest grade. In addition I've found a lot of people just go along with the score de jour from other boardies so it becomes misleading.

I make a habit of studying how CGC grades books by spending many a long nights studying CGC scans over the internet. What I do for my hobby...

I actually had both books pegged correctly...but i can't prove it. Curses! :-\