• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Amazing Spiderman 14 - pics added

15 posts in this topic

I was thinking the bottom edge was a loose centerfold sticking out. The really sharp top and right edges were what caught my eye. Really nice looking book anyway. Around a 7.0 if the centerfold isn't loose.

In that second new pic, you can see the little pinholes in the newsprint. They seem to line up and punch thru the mystery page too, right? If so I think it's a legit page and just missed getting cut somehow. I've got a super-wacky mutant DD issue. Let me try to dig it up.

*edit* almost gave up looking, but then i ran across the DD and a Thor i'd forgotten about.

lq3jloK.jpg

that's a centerfold page sticking waaay out. i don't know how it missed the cut.

WDFdn7D.jpg

this is kind of a misfold/miswrap/miscut combo. the staples are kind of far onto the back cover, so they're a little to the right of the centerfold. the half of the book behind that sticking-out part of the cover is cut perfectly. but the second half of the book sticks out- that's the newsprint you see over to the right.

so i'm not sure how your book ended up like that, but it could be some kind of error.

We all know how pictures/scans can amplify or hide defects. From average pictures, that grade can easily be from a F to VF+ etc. Yours does look great.

My best raw copy looked like a VFNM to me, hoped for a 9.2, and it got an 8.5, sold for $2600 fast on CLink. You never know, you know?