• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2014, July 23-27, San Diego, Ca.

642 posts in this topic

I always travel via taxi at SDCC. Parking fees are brutal and you'll likely get nowhere near the convention center in a car. Parking is a nightmare down there. There are people selling parking passes on eBay, but I don't know how reliable that is.

A set sold for $300 for all 4 days. Damn

I always travel via taxi at SDCC. Parking fees are brutal and you'll likely get nowhere near the convention center in a car. Parking is a nightmare down there. There are people selling parking passes on eBay, but I don't know how reliable that is.

A set sold for $300 for all 4 days. Damn

I spend nowhere near $300 for a cab when I'm there.

I don't know how familiar you guys are with San Diego, but I have a granny flat in North park (about a 20 minute Uber ride to the convention center) if anybody is having trouble with hotels. I can work out a good deal. Hit me up via PM if interested. I'm 5 miles to the Convention Center, FYI

Looks like Cali is getting hit with a whooping cough epidemic. Not sure what regions this is impacting.

make sure you practice good health habits while at the con. I will probably keep some hand sanitizer with me this year just in case i get stuck somewhere without easy access to either soap and water or hand sanitizer.

thanks for the heads up! I have a 2 and 4 yr old at home and would hate to bring this home to them.

how's artist alley on preview night? (first time doing preview night this year) I think I'm going to avoid purchasing exclusives that day and wait til thursday or friday to do it.

how's artist alley on preview night? (first time doing preview night this year) I think I'm going to avoid purchasing exclusives that day and wait til thursday or friday to do it.

Some setup for Preview night, while others do not. If you have a list of specific artists in mind, it may be worth a quick email to each to find out if they will be available during Preview night.

For preview night: I would avoid booths like Graphitti Designs for the DC comic exclusives (since they usually stay instock throughout the show) and focus on getting exclusives from some of the larger lines / ticketed lines - like Hasbro or Mattel. If you manage to get your exclusives on preview night, it could free up your Thur - Sun for artist alley activity.

Some setup for Preview night, while others do not. If you have a list of specific artists in mind, it may be worth a quick email to each to find out if they will be available during Preview night.

For preview night: I would avoid booths like Graphitti Designs for the DC comic exclusives (since they usually stay instock throughout the show) and focus on getting exclusives from some of the larger lines / ticketed lines - like Hasbro or Mattel. If you manage to get your exclusives on preview night, it could free up your Thur - Sun for artist alley activity.

Beware of the Hasbro booth on Preview Night.....it's a very scary place.

If there is a hot or heavy in demand artist who you want to get a commission from, you should head straight there on Preview Night and hope they are around. I agree with Mangbus, the attendance from creators on Preview night is spotty, but if they aren't there, then you can always head to the exclusive line without breaking stride.

Personally, I never do exclusives line, so preview night for me is about knocking out key wants from creators.

Hey Gents and Dames.

We have a room booked at the Marriot Gaslamp Quarter for SDCC. We are looking for one or two more people to join a friend and I from Wed to Sun (or partial) to share the costs. PM me if you’re interested. It’s a very nice hotel with parties up top. Peace.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sangl-san-diego-marriott-gaslamp-quarter/

**SPOTS TAKEN. THANKS!

Let me go one step further... Hasbro at the beginning of Preview Night is a freakin' death trap! Take it from me, I risk my health every year to go there... :)

Unless your yellow :slapfight: