• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2014, July 23-27, San Diego, Ca.

642 posts in this topic

What do you think is best way to sell an extra badge? My cousin might only be able to go to SDCC for Thursday and he has the badge for all 4 days.

Should he sell the badge at SDCC on Thursday after he uses it or should he post it on Craigslist when he's down there in a few weeks?

You aren't allowed to resell a badge per their terms.

lol yet everybody does it.

He won't be able to sign up for preregistration next year without it.

I would suggest making a deal with someone here who will then return the badge to you after use, just in case there are any questions with registration next year. Yeah a copy of it may work, but it is easy enough to just mail a badge to someone after it is used.

He won't be able to sign up for preregistration next year without it.

Do you honestly believe that to be true?

Come on. This smells like complete BS. They said as much last year and gee, it didn't happen.

Plus, I can't imagine them adding yet another obstacle to the torture press that is the current ticket buying process.

They've been really clear about it for over a year so I don't think anybody can cry that they weren't warned.

Last year it came out of the blue on the first day of the con.

If anyone would be interested in "renting" your badge out for the Thursday evening that Linkin Park will be at the MTV thing at Petco Park, please pm me. My nephew would like to go to the show with my boys.

The Image Expo SDCC style sounds exciting too.

Oh SAGA! :sumo:

The last few years mtv has offered free wifi at the con. I haven't had luck with it because of all of the other people trying to get on it. Same goes for cell coverage. Prepare for your service to suck from 8am to about 10-11pm.

Thanks, yeah I am very aware how bad cell phone reception is, but it isn't so bad in the front by the large glass windows or in the flag pavilion. I always thought that was just from being inside a large structure. But this will be the first time I am trying to hook up through wifi, so I guess we'll see. Having the net at your fingertips is great inside the con when comparing to online prices, Ebay and etc.

Thanks, yeah I am very aware how bad cell phone reception is, but it isn't so bad in the front by the large glass windows or in the flag pavilion. I always thought that was just from being inside a large structure. But this will be the first time I am trying to hook up through wifi, so I guess we'll see. Having the net at your fingertips is great inside the con when comparing to online prices, Ebay and etc.

I was able to connect to the MTV free wifi last yr. Having a portable cell phone charger with me also helped.

Does anyone know if wifi is available at the con? I just bought a new iPad mini and that thing rocks! If so, any charge for it?
I have been able to log in for free in the lobby section of each hall. Inside on the show floor is no good.

I'll be in Artists Alley this year.

I'll have a handful of Bravest Warriors 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, and hopefully 21 (still waiting) 1:15 variants with me. (I think 21 is 1:20)

Table EE-09 come say hi, pick up a copy, get it slabbed, and stick it on your wall. :)

Or read them.

-Jason

I'm extremely late to the game on this. Is there anyway for me to score last minute passes? I need an exclusive from Hasbro, unless someone would be so kind as to help me out if they are planning on already going to that booth already lol.

Any one attending SDCC willing to help a collect with a few exclusives, please PM me.

If anyone is looking to pick up some of the exclusives for resale I would be very interested in MMPR Legacy Dragon Dagger announced a couple days ago by Bandai.

dragon-dagger-03.png

Any one attending SDCC willing to help a collect with a few exclusives, please PM me.

If anyone is looking to pick up some of the exclusives for resale I would be very interested in MMPR Legacy Dragon Dagger announced a couple days ago by Bandai.

dragon-dagger-03.png

Damn that dagger is sweet.. sucks I couldn't score any badges this year :cry:

I've noticed that people like Grant Morrison, Frank Miller, Max Allan Collins, etc. will be on certain panels. However, they are not announced as special guests, exhibitors, or in artists alley. So, is it safe to assume these people will be out of reach for sig series autographs or is it possible?