• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2014, July 23-27, San Diego, Ca.

642 posts in this topic

So how does one get those rare Suoerhero legos? I know they have drawings but where does one go to get a ticket?
Last year, the first day was a cluster$$%%^^ and the fire marshall closed their booth when it got too crowded.

Then the next day and forward, they set up a line upstairs and outside where you could line up but it was long so I didn't bother.

I liked how they did it a few years ago which was to scan out badges.

Best to check with them directly cuz I have no clue what they are going to do this year.

Any further information about Howard Chaykin at SDCC?

Have you trued emailing him or Facebook? He will be there. I think that's the best you get right now.

Any further information about Howard Chaykin at SDCC?

Have you trued emailing him or Facebook? He will be there. I think that's the best you get right now.

I tried to friend him on FB but no response so far,

Hi, all... If anyone is planning on picking up some IDW exclusives, my son is a huuuuge Skylanders fanatic, and I'd love to be able to get him a couple of copies of the #0 comic.

I'd be willing to pay you for your time of course. Please PM me so we can work out the details! And thanks!!!

TO THOSE LOOKING TO GET DC COMICS EXCLUSIVE SDCC COVERS:

Don't buy them on Ebay or through 3rd parties going to SDCC. Use your money elsewhere. Why? :o Because Graphitti Designs sells them for the unjacked price of $10-12 each on their site about a month after the con is over. Use that cash to get stuff you can't get anywhere else.

But you're saying to yourself, :mad: "That's bull$#!*, JasonDaTwit." Want proof? Check the site out. It's been a year since the last SDCC and they still have copies at cover price on their site --

http://www.graphittidesigns.com/shop/DC-Collectibles-Exclusives/

Bide your time & don't get ripped off on Ebay or any place else. Enjoy & you're welcome folks! (thumbs u

Don't by them at SDCC. Use your money elsewhere. Why? Because Graphitti Designs sells them for the unjecked price of $10-12 on their site about a month after the con is over. Use that cash to get stuff you can't get anywhere else. Bide your time & don't get ripped off on Ebay either.

You're welcome!

that's the same price DC sells them for at the con, without paying for shipping...so seems to make sense to buy them at the con (shrug)

Don't by them at SDCC. Use your money elsewhere. Why? Because Graphitti Designs sells them for the unjecked price of $10-12 on their site about a month after the con is over. Use that cash to get stuff you can't get anywhere else. Bide your time & don't get ripped off on Ebay either.

You're welcome!

that's the same price DC sells them for at the con, without paying for shipping...so seems to make sense to buy them at the con (shrug)

Many people can't make the con because it's a crapshoot. That's who my audience is. I didn't title it, "IF YOU'RE ATTENDING SDCC DON'T BUY THE DC EXCLUSIVES", for a reason.

You're welcome!

Many people can't make the con because it's a crapshoot. That's who my audience is. I didn't title it, "IF YOU'RE ATTENDING SDCC DON'T BUY THE DC EXCLUSIVES", for a reason.

How can you buy them at SDCC if you're not attending?

MTV Fan Fest

The first-ever MTV Fan Fest will honor diehard fangirls and fanboys as well as their favorite shows and movies of the past year! With a performance from multi-platinum rock band Linkin Park as well as surprises that will set fandom hearts a-flutter, this will be a series finale status can’t-miss event. Come join us for free food, drinks, music and giveaways!

Thursday, 7:00–11:00 PM • Petco Park

- See more at: http://www.comic-con.org/toucan/17sdcc-2014-all-fun-outside-convention-center#sthash.0JBBjgmK.dpuf

You're welcome!

Corrected. Thanks.

Received today:

Please read the entire message for important instructions!

Preregistration for Comic-Con 2015 will occur sometime after Comic-Con 2014. There will be no onsite preregistration at Comic-Con 2014. Only those who purchased a Comic-Con 2014 attendee badge and retain their actual badge will be eligible for 2015 preregistration.

You must retain your Comic-Con 2014 badge to be eligible for 2015 badge preregistration. Please do not throw away, give away, or lose your Comic-Con 2014 badge as it contains valuable information required to participate in preregistration. Plus, it’s cool to frame after the show!

Children who attend Comic-Con 2014 but will be age 13 on or prior to August 1, 2014 must keep their Comic-Con 2014 child badge if they would like to be eligible for 2015 online preregistration. Without the physical child badge, they will not be able to register for an eligible Member ID or authorize their existing ID.

Professionals, guests of professionals, exhibitors, exhibitor-purchased attendee badges, volunteers, staff, and press will not be allowed to participate in online attendee preregistration. Registration for these categories will happen at a later date.

Eligible attendees will be notified after Comic-Con 2014, via email, with additional information regarding online preregistration. The notification will be sent to the email associated with your Member ID account.

Please be sure to "opt-in" to email correspondence to receive the Comic-Con 2015 preregistration announcement. To review your opt-out selections, visit https://secure2.comic-con.org/memberid/ and log in to your Member ID account. Select the “OPT-OUTS” option to change your communication preferences.

Thank you very much for your support of Comic-Con International! Stay tuned for additional Comic-Con 2015 preregistration information.

You're welcome!

Corrected. Thanks.

That makes sense. But my response was valid relative to your initial post (thumbs u

I know I'm new, but I'm looking for help with the SDCC Funko Pop Game of Thrones Flocked Ghost variant.

Would be greatly appreciated, if someone could grab me one.

Please PM if you can.

Regardless...if you're going to the Con....YOU'RE SO LUCKY! HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

:)

Received today:

Preregistration for Comic-Con 2015 will occur sometime after Comic-Con 2014. There will be no onsite preregistration at Comic-Con 2014. Only those who purchased a Comic-Con 2014 attendee badge and retain their actual badge will be eligible for 2015 preregistration.

You must retain your Comic-Con 2014 badge to be eligible for 2015 badge preregistration. Please do not throw away, give away, or lose your Comic-Con 2014 badge as it contains valuable information required to participate in preregistration. Plus, it’s cool to frame after the show!

Children who attend Comic-Con 2014 but will be age 13 on or prior to August 1, 2014 must keep their Comic-Con 2014 child badge if they would like to be eligible for 2015 online preregistration. Without the physical child badge, they will not be able to register for an eligible Member ID or authorize their existing ID.

Professionals, guests of professionals, exhibitors, exhibitor-purchased attendee badges, volunteers, staff, and press will not be allowed to participate in online attendee preregistration. Registration for these categories will happen at a later date.

Eligible attendees will be notified after Comic-Con 2014, via email, with additional information regarding online preregistration. The notification will be sent to the email associated with your Member ID account.

Please be sure to "opt-in" to email correspondence to receive the Comic-Con 2015 preregistration announcement. To review your opt-out selections, visit https://secure2.comic-con.org/memberid/ and log in to your Member ID account. Select the “OPT-OUTS” option to change your communication preferences.

Thank you very much for your support of Comic-Con International! Stay tuned for additional Comic-Con 2015 preregistration information.

I have passes to this year's SDCC but I am no longer able to attend for personal reasons. Is there any way to get my badge or have someone pick it up for me so I am able to pre-register for next year?

Any thoughts or advice on this?

I want to go this year, but can't and don't want to hurt my ability to attend in the future...

Received today:

I have passes to this year's SDCC but I am no longer able to attend for personal reasons. Is there any way to get my badge or have someone pick it up for me so I am able to pre-register for next year?

I want to go this year, but can't and don't want to hurt my ability to attend in the future...

There is no known way around not picking up a badge and you have to do it in person with your ID. I expect one of the reasons for the implementation of the badge physical code is to eliminate people who don't attend but buy badges from the pre-reg pool. Sadly, I think it has come to that.

Received today:

There is no known way around not picking up a badge and you have to do it in person with your ID. I expect one of the reasons for the implementation of the badge physical code is to eliminate people who don't attend but buy badges from the pre-reg pool. Sadly, I think it has come to that.

:tonofbricks:

I will be more than happy to buy it from you if you can make it to SD to obtain it. You won't loose any $$ that way...

I will be more than happy to buy it from you if you can make it to SD to obtain it. You won't loose any $$ that way...

Are badges transferable?

I would do that assuming the person would mail it to me when they are done.