• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cal's on timeout???!!?!!

204 posts in this topic

Cal gets a strike and I missed it! :o

You missed absolutely nothing different than what he has done 1000 times.

I applaud the mods for giving him the late week strike as the inevitable "I am gonna own all of you" thread Cal starts will most likely be next Friday.

I can hardly wait. :whee::ohnoez:

Yeah, he will be back just in time for an epic Friday thread.

And he will be angry. Very angry indeed. :whee:

Hopefully he just gets another strike immediately.

It's gonna be awesome when all the new profiles speaking in third person and threatening to sue everyone show up.

I have one question: Why all the hate for such a long standing board member? I can see if this guy has only been in the hobby for 2 or 3 years, but he has been around for over a decade. You would think that at some point people would just become numb to the guy. Kind of like how someone from New York gets numb to a pan handler.

So why the visceral reaction still? It's not like this guy is any different than he was 10 years ago. I know when I joined these boards five years ago people were even then extremely annoyed by him.

So it just seems strange to me. You would think CAL would be like a pile of fecal matter in the middle of the room. Yeah at first a person is going to be extremely nausiated by the smell, but after awhile that person would get adjusted to the stench to the point where they don't even really smell it any more.

Just look at why he was recently suspended by the boards, says it all. Hate is a strong word but if a guy wants to be an annoying dip wad then expect people to have fun taking pot shots at him.

Yes, but to certain people he was an annoying dip wad in 2010, and an annoying dip wad in 2007, and an annoying dipwad in 2003. At some point don't you just go "Ah whatever it's just Cal being an annoying dipwad again, what's new?"

I'm surprised it actually worked.

Well if the options were to a) waste money getting a lawyer or b) just letting the guy back in [man that is pathetic :facepalm: ] them I sure they went with the path of least resistance.

I'm sure eBay already has lawyers (shrug)

I have one question: Why all the hate for such a long standing board member? I can see if this guy has only been in the hobby for 2 or 3 years, but he has been around for over a decade. You would think that at some point people would just become numb to the guy. Kind of like how someone from New York gets numb to a pan handler.

So why the visceral reaction still? It's not like this guy is any different than he was 10 years ago. I know when I joined these boards five years ago people were even then extremely annoyed by him.

So it just seems strange to me. You would think CAL would be like a pile of fecal matter in the middle of the room. Yeah at first a person is going to be extremely nausiated by the smell, but after awhile that person would get adjusted to the stench to the point where they don't even really smell it any more.

I think there's some fun in it. Calamerica usually posts some variety of unjustified indignation, so to be indignant about his position makes contrary opinions justified, in an inverse way of thinking.

I'm surprised it actually worked.

Well if the options were to a) waste money getting a lawyer or b) just letting the guy back in [man that is pathetic :facepalm: ] them I sure they went with the path of least resistance.

I'm sure eBay already has lawyers (shrug)

And I'm sure they charge more than your average lawyer. Still costs money.

I think there's some fun in it. Calamerica usually posts some variety of unjustified indignation, so to be indignant about his position makes contrary opinions justified, in an inverse way of thinking.

Hmm, I think you might be right. Probably in a strange way it becomes a bonding experience for those joining in on the fun.