• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is scary...

38 posts in this topic

I think this was taped in front of the CGC Office

lol

Leaving aside potential damage, I fail to even understand how loading or unloading is improved by throwing that stuff in a big stack. She must not be in charge of unloading her truck, or something. That would make 3X the work.

Leaving aside potential damage, I fail to even understand how loading or unloading is improved by throwing that stuff in a big stack. She must not be in charge of unloading her truck, or something. That would make 3X the work.

lol

As a process guy, I actually thought the same thing. Someone would have to bust through that mess of a pile and read each label for delivery. Hopefully they brought their swimming trunks as they dive on through.

lol

As a process guy, I actually thought the same thing. Someone would have to bust through that mess of a pile and read each label for delivery. Hopefully they brought their swimming trunks as they dive on through.

Oh God we're all on the same wavelength... (Im a PMO guy).

Yeah she took relatively organized, stacked boxes and just created chaos in the back of that truck! Every delivery is going to spend 10x as long on each drop off trying to find the package in question!

Not to mention the inefficient use of space! Stacked boxes take up less space than non-stacked boxes! More boxes/truck = lower total costs!

god Im such a nerd...

When I was in college I had a job loading trucks for UPS. They teach building secure walls of packages and were pretty rigorous about managing standards. That said, the only way to pack a tight wall is to wedge smaller boxes in compactly around the bigger boxes... When Christmas came around, and the pressure was on, I forced smaller boxes into spots they probably shouldn't have been in order to stabilize walls.

I'm sure karma will continue to own me.

lol

Oh God we're all on the same wavelength... (Im a PMO guy).

Yeah she took relatively organized, stacked boxes and just created chaos in the back of that truck! Every delivery is going to spend 10x as long on each drop off trying to find the package in question!

Not to mention the inefficient use of space! Stacked boxes take up less space than non-stacked boxes! More boxes/truck = lower total costs!

god Im such a nerd...

:applause:

PMO saves the day, and keeps us all on track!

(worship)

Aside from the good Doctor's point about it making way more work on the delivery end to sort through all that stuff (BALLS!!!), is anyone really surprised by this? (shrug)

I know not all delivery service employees behave this way, but like anything else its always a small minority of bad representation that grab the attention or shape the reputation of a particular sector, just a matter of time before something is reported or made public.

No this is realistic. :baiting:

Who doesn't assume these guys do this at all the mail carrier companies.

My dad is a truck driver at USPS he said he is amazed any of the packages that are delivered are not broken.

I will admit ten years ago after I graduated college my dad got me a part-time job at UPS just to hold me over and I packed the trucks.

You know what I did?

If a package ticked me or fell on me I threw the hell out of them.

Actually I remember one time the packages were coming down the chute way to fast and the pace was insane.

I probably threw 200 packages and I didn't give two hoots about it.

Ahhhh to be young and not care. :cloud9:

Aside from the good Doctor's point about it making way more work on the delivery end to sort through all that stuff (BALLS!!!), is anyone really surprised by this? (shrug)

Nope, not surprised. Nothing's shocking. YouTube has tons of videos similar to this. Must be a slow news day for The Daily News.

I know not all delivery service employees behave this way, but like anything else its always a small minority of bad representation that grab the attention or shape the reputation of a particular sector, just a matter of time before something is reported or made public.

I gotta sorta disagree with that, I think the small minority of delivery people actually give a about taking care of somebody elses stuff.

I think the majority of them just want to get em delivered and get home, no matter the shape or contents, "that's what insurance is for" is their whole motto.

That's why im lookin forward to the USPS being forced to cut out door to door delivery.