• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is scary...

38 posts in this topic

I worked for USPS when I was in college during the holiday season and it was a free for all. Imagine thirty or so large, empty wheel bins one one end of a warehouse. The bins are each designated with a set of zipcodes.

At the other end, more large bins full of packages. Grab a package from a bin, find the zipcode, and throw said package clear across the floor into the appropriate labeled bin. Imagine a box being launched in the air like a long range football pass. Bombs away.

No this is realistic. :baiting:

Who doesn't assume these guys do this at all the mail carrier companies.

My dad is a truck driver at USPS he said he is amazed any of the packages that are delivered are not broken.

I will admit ten years ago after I graduated college my dad got me a part-time job at UPS just to hold me over and I packed the trucks.

You know what I did?

If a package ticked me or fell on me I threw the hell out of them.

Actually I remember one time the packages were coming down the chute way to fast and the pace was insane.

I probably threw 200 packages and I didn't give two hoots about it.

Ahhhh to be young and not care. :cloud9:

Maybe that is why your package of books disappeared in FL.

Karma and all that. :baiting:

:P

It looks like she is not going to be delivering them, but she is picking them up to be dropped off for processing. No excuse to load a truck like that though. I would be more pissed if I was a customer of that business where she is picking the stuff up from.

No this is realistic. :baiting:

Who doesn't assume these guys do this at all the mail carrier companies.

My dad is a truck driver at USPS he said he is amazed any of the packages that are delivered are not broken.

I will admit ten years ago after I graduated college my dad got me a part-time job at UPS just to hold me over and I packed the trucks.

You know what I did?

If a package ticked me or fell on me I threw the hell out of them.

Actually I remember one time the packages were coming down the chute way to fast and the pace was insane.

I probably threw 200 packages and I didn't give two hoots about it.

Ahhhh to be young and not care. :cloud9:

Maybe that is why your package of books disappeared in FL.

Karma and all that. :baiting:

:P

hm

What goes around comes around as they say

This is more common with UPS which I would never choose first as a carrier for shipping ANYTHING.

The UPS truck would back up to our dock and all the boxes would be piled onto the floor of the truck. The shelves would be empty. A heavy box might be supporting it's weight on the corner which was poking into the box below it. I asked one driver why the boxes were not on the shelves. His answer "They don't give us anything to secure the boxes to the shelf. They end up on the floor anyway."

On another day, A driver was standing inside the truck throwing our boxes about 10 feet onto a concrete floor. Upon seeing a box which was used to package a $5,000 circuit board get thrown and land hard, I asked the driver to "please quit throwing our product". He ignored me. He picked up the next box and did the same. I then pointed to a camera at the dock door and reminded him that everything he did was on camera. He ignored me again. The next day we had a different driver. I asked why we had a new face on the route. He said "The other driver asked to be taken off this route." Essentially he had no intention of treating the boxes with care or respecting the concerns of his customers.

DG

This is more common with UPS which I would never choose first as a carrier for shipping ANYTHING.

The UPS truck would back up to our dock and all the boxes would be piled onto the floor of the truck. The shelves would be empty. A heavy box might be supporting it's weight on the corner which was poking into the box below it. I asked one driver why the boxes were not on the shelves. His answer "They don't give us anything to secure the boxes to the shelf. They end up on the floor anyway."

On another day, A driver was standing inside the truck throwing our boxes about 10 feet onto a concrete floor. Upon seeing a box which was used to package a $5,000 circuit board get thrown and land hard, I asked the driver to "please quit throwing our product". He ignored me. He picked up the next box and did the same. I then pointed to a camera at the dock door and reminded him that everything he did was on camera. He ignored me again. The next day we had a different driver. I asked why we had a new face on the route. He said "The other driver asked to be taken off this route." Essentially he had no intention of treating the boxes with care or respecting the concerns of his customers.

DG

If you get a delivery person who cares treat them well is all I can say.

I would think this practice is not done with everyone delivery person but as was stated before, that bad minority. Sadly, its that minority that will infect others. As can be seen by the video the woman was showing the other guy how it was done. Not that he is innocent but its the group mentality. One or two people start doing bad stuff and if they get away with it then others start following the same behavior. Also, its a sad disservice to the customers. We all pay a heavy price for delivery and insurance and to see this should make everyone angry. And if you are sending deliveries to a customer, he/she will get a bad impression of you because of damaged goods, though its not your fault. Everyone loses.

I'm sure if the boxes had "FRAGILE" stickers on them they would have been treated differently

In some cases people take care, in others, as my brother who worked for Fed Ex informed me, there are those bad apples that look for this kind of thing and it makes an easy target to man-handle the package. He saw a lot of mishandling of packages, from thrown, punted and hit like baseballs.

This made GMA. The driver was fired. I would think this practice is fairly common.

If she was fired a lawsuit is coming soon, I would almost bet on it.

probably, but she cant sue FedEx can she? only the guy that she works for. not many people know, but fedex drivers own their routes, unlike UPS drivers. fedex guys own the trucks and the fedex company pays the owner of the route per package. fedex probably made the owner fire her but she probably did not own the route so she got her paycheck from the driver that owned that route.